Bulletproof

"I have nothing to wear!" Tristan looked up from his phone. "To the dinner party?" I nodded. He gave me this memorable look. I know this look. "No, we are not going on one!" He stands up, and he hooks my arm in his. "Yes, Maya, we are! We are going on a shopping montage!" I stopped in my tracks. I saw Zoë kissing Miles. He smiled at her, but seemed uncomfortable with her actions. Tristan pulled me away from the thought, literally. I pushed the thought of Miles, and Zoë out of my head, and tried to think of a day with my best friend. Away from boys.

        Tris put on a fedora. I put on a Sun hat. We started to mess around. We started to act like models in the glass. We both started to laugh. "Maybe I could buy a dress to show Zoë up." I joked. I don't think Tristan took it as a joke. "You would, wouldn't you?" I tried to look innocent. But, I kind of was. "You like him dont you?" I sighed. He smiled, and walked around me. "You like Miles." He teased. "I turned around to face him. "You know I do. But, you like him too. That's why I can't like him." Tris sat down on the bench. "Don't worry. You have blessing." I felt like jumping. "Seriously?" He nodded. "Hold the phone! Look at that dress!" He turned me around to the green dress. "Wanna take your words seriously?" I reached in my purse."That's like two thousand dollars, Tris!" My five year allowance wouldn't cover that dress! "Try two million! Wait, don't you have your mom's credit card?" I slapped my head. "But, that's only for emergencies. And, don't tell me this is a fashion emergency!" He ignored me, "This is a fashion emergency! Beat Zoë, Maya. This is your chance." He was right. I could show her up... "I-I don't know..." I am kind of looking down on myself right now. We both looked at the dress. "Miles doesn't belong with her, and you know it! You belong with him."

        Why was he being so supportive all of a sudden? I thought he liked Miles? Him and Zoe on the couch. He broke his heart. He kissed him. He is a bad person. Was. I mean, the way Miles acted under the umbrella. That was the real Miles. I could tell. He is a monster with Zoe.

        I pulled him into the store. We were buying that dress.

        The waiter almost spilled wine all over my borrwowed dress. We are going to return it after the dinner. It was our last dinner in France. We sat down with the other sophmores. So, Miles and Zoe. I sit down next to Zoe, and Tristan sits down next to Miles. Miles smiles at me then looks down. "That dress is...Wow." I smile at him, and take the compliment. I hear Zoe take a long sip from her drink. Then out of nowhere, she spills the drink all over my new dress. I instantly stand up, and gasp. "Bathroom now." Tristan drags me to the bathroom. He turns around to face Zoe. "You're something else." As we leave, I hear Zoe smirk. Why is he into her?