Centuries

Once Maya found out Zoë was the FaceRange page creator, she stormed out of our unmasking with Grace. I can kind of believe Zoë was the bitch behind this. I'm surprised Maya didn't think that already. For one, why would Zoë want to be her friend right after I broke up with her because of Maya? Revenge, I guess?

"Miles!" my mom called up the steps. I strummed my new electric guitar strings. "Yes, mother?" I grunted. "Come down here for a minute? Get your siblings as well." So, it isn't just a conversation about me flunking. I walked into Frankie's room & told her to come down. She moaned, and followed me to Hunter's room. "Hunter!" I yelled. He had his headphones on, and typing fast on his computer. "Hunter!" Frankie yelled. I walked over as quietly as I could. I quickly shoved him. He flinched. As he looked up at me, like 'what the hell?!' I pointed to the door. He put his headphones down, and didn't say anything to me or Frankie.

"What's up?" Frankie smiled. That 'I hope I'm not in any trouble' smile. "You're dad's a little pre-occupied with the campaign. So, if you feel abandoned or anything, come to me." Abandoned? What's that supposed to mean? "We have friends you know?" My mom nodded, "Yes, I know but I'm talking about at home." Hunter's eye brow sparked up. "You're acting strange..." Frankie & Hunter started to get ready for school. I just rolled my eyes at my mom. My dad probably asked her to do this. I just shrugged & went along with it.

When I arrived at school, no one had their phones out. Maybe, & hopefully everyone forgot about the incident & went on to reading some local shooting. I heard Maya & Zoë got sent to the office. I decided to skip class because class is no fun without Maya. I headed to the music room. I picked up a black electric guitar & started to play some riffs I learned when I was about 11 or so. Next thing I know it, Maya comes in, & yells. "Zoë gets off scot free, 'cause she said she was 'sorry'!" Maya mocked Simpson. I strummed some old Blues. "I want Zoë dead!" I sang, "So dead..." Maya started to pick up my tune, "Really dead!" We started to come up with some random lyrics of her emotions. The 'Backstabbing Friend Blues'.

The next day, I headed straight to music. There Maya was with her acoustic guitar ready to sing. But, sing what? I grabbed her shoulder. "Hey, what song are you singing." She spoke through her teeth with fake innocence shinning through her voice, "The seconds song we 'wrote'." I clenched my teeth. "Are you sure? I wasn't actually being serious." She turned around & sat, then looked at me. "Well, I was." Maya started to strum, "One day I'll watch you die." Everyone knew it was directed at Zoë. People were holding their breath to laugh. Ms. O sent her to the principal's office. She was suspended for sure. I won't see her probably for over a month, but who cares. That song was a badass moment.