Colder Than Ice

"How do you say, eclair, in French." He asked me while walking backwards. "Eclair, same as english." I giggled. We toasted our coffees. Our teacher explained the directions in French. No one understood, but me. "She wants us to buy French food for the class to sample." She nodded. Everyone understood now. "I'll take a hand out." I started to hand the papers out to the class. When she said 'Groups of two.' I was going to leap for Maya. But, she doesn't like me. No way would she pick me. "Partners?" Zoë, and Tristan said at the same time. Tristan's close to Maya. "Let's go, Tris." He followed me as we headed out. I could see him out of the corner of my eye, giving Zoë a teasing glance.

        We ordered food from a stand on the sidewalk. "She's cute, huh?" I shook my head. "Not my type." I started to take out my wallet to pay. A rap song came on. I handed the girl twenty bucks. "Oh my god, I love this song!" His eyes widened. "Well, I know this song. I, uh...well, nevermind." We walked off with the sample food in my hands. "Now, you have to tell me." I sighed, and whispered in his ear. "I did a dance to it." We stopped near this little bike shop. "Miles Hollingsworth the Third, dancer? Give me details!" He joked. I laughed at his comment. "NBD. I took lessons for a bit." He crossed his arms. "Like Ballet?" Was he serious? "Yeah, I did Ballet to this song. No, hip-hop. My little sister was in tap next door, so why not?" I crossed the street quickly, he followed. "Show me!" Tristan had a bit of nervousness in his voice. "I'll breakdown dancing, right now. Not in the street, Tris. Nah, I don't remember it that well." I chuckled. I sighed, "Then my dad found out I was in the class, and pulled me out as fast as he could." All the yelling came back into my thoughts. "You're like a real life Billy Elliot. Minus, the british, and mining. Were you furious with your dad?" I frowned. I was mad, but who knew what would happen if I yelled at my dad about me dancing. "He just doesn't get me. Never has. Probably, never will." He put his hand on my shoulder. "I get it. Believe me." I put on a fake smile. "Boo-hoo rich kid, right? And, thanks Tristan, you're easy to talk to." I looked at my dirty shoes in embarrassment, then back up at him. I didn't expect what he was about to do. He leaned in, and kissed me! Okay... Nothing wrong with that, but okay.... I pulled away a little bit. "I am so sorry! I sensed a momment." He awkwardly backed away, but I pulled him closer. "It's fine. Let's go get some more food." I stalked away. He kissed me. Oh, well.