Talking Dreams

Miles called me a slut. The most important guy in the world to me right now, just called me a slut. As soon as I looked at the FaceRange profile, I understood why he did. But, why did he do it? I know he cares, at least, I think he does... Anyways, that didn't matter right now. What mattered was the page. All the fake photoshopped pictures of me in my underwear. People are going to think this is real, I'm going to get in trouble, then be called more names for the rest of my life! Who the hell would do this to me?
As soon as I started to stare at one of the fake pictures, I grabbed my bag & ran outside.

When I walked into Mr. P's classroom, the whole room was snickering. & I knew what they were snickering at, me. "Maya, the FaceRange page?" Tris snapped his fingers so I would wake up. I tried to play it off like Zoë said, "What about it?" Then class started.

"Maya, would you like to give your presentation now?" I got up & started to read. But, I couldn't concentrate. Everyone was on their phones, looking at pictures of me. As I stumbled a few words, that kid Damien interrupted me. "Some morel integrity." I didn't say anything. I could feel everyone starring at me. The picture he had on his phone had random phone numbers, & a number in the wrong place. "Get that filth off your screen & go to the office! Now!" Our teacher raised his voice. Damien left with the most hurtful tiny remark. "Hey, I'll call ya." I was done. "Continue, Maya, please." I put my report on his desk. "I can't." When I burst through the doors, all I could hear was laughing. I couldn't help but cry a little. I went to the one place that could cheer me up even in the slightest way. The band room.

I placed my bow over my cello strings, & started to play. First a D then an E. "My mom plays that all the time." I ignored the voice, & continued to play. "Sorry that everyone's giving you a rough time." he said. "Whatever, right?" Still not looking up at him I plainly said. "Well, if you need me to kick anyone's ass, I got your back." I stopped playing to look up & smile at him. Finally, one person who actually makes me feel better today!

I got up & started to put my cello away. "What a sweet back it is." I had no words. He rubbed his hand on my butt. I immediately turned around & slapped his hand. "Get off of me." I pushed him off fast. "I saw those pictures, Maya. You don't have to pretend with me." I yelled louder, "Get off of me!"
"Get off of her!" He quickly got turned around & punched. Miles. "What the hell, man?!" Miles pushed him out into the hallway to the ground. "Get lost!" He yelled to the perve. "You just punched him, with your fist... Is your hand okay!?" He shook his hand around. "Not really. But, it was worth it." There was an awkward silence. "I'm sorry I called you a slut." I smiled. "It hurt, but don't worry about it. Who could of done this to me!" He started to grin & smirk. That can never be good for Miles. "What?" He put out his hand. "Do you want to find out?" I shrugged as I placed my hand into his. Our fingers interlocked for the first time. "Let's go."

We walked into the dark hallway. Almost like an indoor alley. "Ew, what are we doing in the rubber room hallway?" He smirked again, "To bring justice."

Miles walked me over to this girl with dyed blue & black hair. A bunch of piercings as well. "Hey, blondie! Nice web pics." I tried to walk away with Miles, but he pulled me back. "Maya, this is Grace. She's an awesome tracker." She started to type one her laptop keys. "Stupid owners always fall for my email tricks. Wanna see who started that phony account?" I was scared, but I needed to find out who did this to me!

She turned her laptop around. my jaw dropped, I couldn't imagine why she did it. "I can't believe it."