Tamed

"What the hell?" I backed my chair so I could get away from her. "What? I thought you hated Maya. I was doing you a favor dumbass!" I could see it in her. Jules. Not only Jules, but something more evil. A villain. "I don't hate Maya! I-" I bit my tongue before I could say anymore. "You what?" Ugh, why did I have to carry on? "Nothing." I saw Zoë clench her teeth. "She is nice or at least trying to be! You're not." Zoë almost choked on her wine. "Are you serious? You're calling me 'not nice'!? Look at you! You're dating someone and you like another person!" I sighed. "It's not like that." She smirked, "It's not like that?! Okay, tell me what you did when you guys went to find Tristan! How did you feel about her afterwards?" There was a long deep silence. "You're into her. I can see it." I snapped, "Well, I'm definitely not into a bitch like you!" She stared at me. I could see tears starting to roll down her face. She got up, and sat at the table behind us. We were over. The nightmare was over.

It was a few minutes, then Tristan and Maya sat down. I folded my hands. "Just to be clear, Zoë and I are officially through. But, you better watch your back." I warned Maya. "Why?" She said under her breath faintly. I sat up straight in my chair. "Zoë has a crazy idea that I'm into you." She looked back at Zoë. I didn't dare to. Maya took a deep swallow. "Oh."

I wonder what she was feeling. Why she was feeling those feelings. I do like Maya. I really do, but I don't want to come up on her when she doesn't feel something or the same way. Why does girls have to be so complicated?