40 ◌ 부서진 마음

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With blue locks falling on his forehead and lidded eyes, yeosang quickly started wiping away the tears on his face and running a hand over his body to fix any part of his clothes. he stood in front of the door as he grabbed the keys and jiggled them, opening the door and closing it slowly not to wake wooyoung.

"No one's here..." he sighed in relief, feeling like the whole world was his. How could he possibly tell wooyoung he slept with seonghwa again, when he has a whole fiancé and he was just a part of the cheating?

When the wave of comfort and relief hit him, rushing through his veins and hydrating his wilt body - so did the voice of wooyoung.

"Where were you?" He yelled - raising his head to see the boy with arms crossed over his chest and a judgmental look on his face while continuously tapping his foot on the floor.

"Oh... wooyoung! Why are you awake?" He chuckled nervously, trying his best not to sound too fake. But for yeosang's dismay, everything goes against his will.

"Answer my question. Where were you?"

"I was-"

"-Not at the cafe. Where were you?" He repeated, tone dark and husky looking like a total detective. As much as yeosang loved to give an answer, he still couldn't find a legit one for his own question running back and forth in his head.

"Listen, I-" upset, he ran a hand through his hair and sighed, turning as his eyes finally met wooyoung's. Seeing the flames in his eyes, he gulped and tried to find the right words to say. Should he say he slept with seonghwa, the person who hurt him to death and who left him for years? "It's not your concern."

"Yeosang," wooyoung took a step forward, licking his lips a few times to get his mind together. "It's fricking 6:57 in the morning," he pointed to the clock on the wall, making yeosang trail his eyes from his hand to the clock, then back at his face to stare into his eyes as they held intense eye-contact. "And you're telling me it isn't my concern?"

"Yes. It isn't." Yeosang said with a straight face, leaning against the door as he crossed arms over his chest while watching wooyoung struggle with his words.

"Yeosang!" The instant outburst made yeosang flinch. But nonetheless, he decided to keep company and listen to what the younger had to say. "Look, I'm just worried about you, okay?" The words were followed by a sigh, showing just how concerned wooyoung actually was. But once again, yeosang couldn't care less - It's his life and no one should intrude.

"And," he bit his bottom lip, "I want to know how you are doing. Like, how you are feeling."

"Okay?" Yeosang nodded recklessly, to no little caring about wooyoung's words.

"So, you want to tell me where you were?"

"I was somewhere, wooyoung."

"Somewhere..." he repeated, throwing his head back as his anxiety aroused while swallowing thickly. "You're coming home early in the morning... and you don't want to tell me where you were, but I'm just worried about y-"