37 ◌ purple locks

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With the thick tension getting held of in the steamy air around them, yeosang's mind traveled twenty miles one at a time from here to there - thoughts not quite capable of the situation he just found himself in.

Seonghwa.

The hair was gone, Not the same grayish-black anymore. Instead - it was a bright purple with black and white highlights, his hair had gotten even longer as it directly covered his left eye.

Years passed by, things changed - and so did Seonghwa.

"Yeosang..." The tone he used was shameful and full of regret, as the two continued to stare at each other in utter shock and remorse. The air around them tightened, and the tension intensified.

His eyes still looked the same - full of stars and the depth of the ocean. The look in his eyes reminded him of the first night they hooked up at the party, and the last. He still had the same piercing gaze, looking through yeosang's soul as his face matched the tone he just used.

Yeosang just stood there, shocked and frozen. Seonghwa was definitely the last person he excepted to encounter in this ungodly hour, and most important - in his own coffee shop. He tensed up - veins visibly shown on his hands as he fisted them tightly, the look of pain and disbelief evident in his eyes.

He wanted to run forward and tackle him to the ground - hug him, kiss him, cry and tell him how much he still loves him and misses him. But the toxic feelings inside his chest had already caged his heart, not allowing him to break free from the chains.

It felt like the years of living in a dark forest spelled by the evil full of thorns and black magic finally came to a conclusion - said conclusion full of sorrow and heartbreaks.

He's never wanted disappear this bad, never wanted to more invisible. The pain in his chest worsened, his heartbeats fastened - and his chest toughened. He didn't know what he could possibly do in such an awkward situation as this.

Cry, Shout, Hide or run away.

Those were the only options he could think of the very second seonghwa opened his mouth, making his heart beat ten times faster and his mind to explore ten times more. But he smacked his lips when someone entered the cafe, standing behind him with a smile.

"Hwa... What's wrong?" A particularly foreign girl chuckled, bringing her hand up to cup the other's cheek. But it was no use, since Seonghwa's eyes kept looking at yeosang's, the eye-contact between them getting stronger than ever. Eventually said girl turned her head, looking at yeosang which made him break the eye-contact awkwardly and look at her instead.

Who could she be? Could she be Seonghwa's long lost sister? Could she be Seonghwa's cousin? Seonghwa's relative? Seonghwa's... girlfriend?

"You two seem to know each other... don't you?" She brought him out of thought by the sudden question, making him gulp as Seonghwa couldn't take his eyes off the younger in front of him.