26 ◌ innocent angels

⚡️

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Hongjoong opens his eyes and the first thing he sees is jongho above him, looking at him full of worry and sadness. He already felt the younger's hand delicately stroke his cheek, as his vision got fully clear and he panicked.

"Wh-where am I?" Was the first thing coming out of his trembling lips. He shifted, leaning back against the headboard as he looked at jongho in confusion.

No matter what the situation was, he could never forget about him.

The veins of panic quickly rushed through him as reality hit him, shaking his head and trying not to look like a fool before his eyes started to brim with tears. But not long enough before he rubbed his eyes and bit his bottom lip.

"It's okay," jongho reassured him with a warm smile, "You're at my place."

"Your... your place?" Hongjoong examined every little detail of the room with his keen eyes, finding nothing suspicious about it. Right now, he was totally safe. "How was I brought here?"

"You fainted." Jongho shook his head, "You said 'it was' but then, you fainted so I brought you here."

"B-but what about classes? Where's seonghwa?"

"I haven't seen him." Jongho reached for the mug on the nightstand and poured some water into the glass, moving it towards hongjoong's lips as the elder slowly parted his lips, not moving his eyes off the younger.

Hongjoong's eyes darted to the clock hung on the wall opposite him as he choked on the water unintentionally, widening his eyes. "I've... I've been here for four hours?!"

"You seemed exhausted, so I thought about letting you sleep for a few more hours."

"B-but.. I should've told-" his sentence was cut off when suddenly his phone vibrated, taking a glare at jongho as he rapidly reached for the phone and looked at the caller ID, panicking and smacking his lips a few times to try and find the right words to say.

Eventually, he calmed down and brought the phone to his ear. "H-hello?"

"Where are you? Who is with you? No one is hurting you right?" the quick, expected questions were the first ones coming up from the line on the phone as he clearly could hear the panic and nervousness in the other's tone.

"I'm fine, seonghwa." Hongjoong nodded, "I'm at a friend's place..."

"What friend? Where's the address? I'll come pick you up."