10 ◌ just strangers

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"so you're telling me you guys did it?" hongjoong says nonchalantly, when in reality his heart had shattered to pieces, once again.

at this point, he's tired of seonghwa being so oblivious towards his feelings. seonghwa has been bragging endlessly ever since they got to school about how good yeosang was and how for the first time in his life he felt something more than just the desire to fuck someone.

seonghwa hummed nonchalantly, sending waves of knives through hongjoong's heart.

hongjoong wishes he could just ask him one question, only one, but he's too scared at the moment to ruin everything between them. he still doesn't understand how seonghwa hasn't fucked him yet, or kissed him, or even said a single thing about him. seonghwa is just too careless for him to even concentrate anymore.

hongjoong swears he's never seen seonghwa like this before, not even once. the way he doesn't even give it a pause to continue his next words, the way he scanned yeosang from head to toe, the way his face brightened and a genuine smile broke its way to his face, the way his cheeks would turn into a light shade of pink whenever he remembers what the hell they were doing in bed.

hongjoong doesn't want to seem paranoid, but he wants seonghwa to notice him at this point. The truth is, seonghwa had always told him that they are brothers, which breaks him a thousand times more. there are just too many words he'd like to say, as how a cloud can shadow the sun, and bring misery with itself.

"and oh god..." seonghwa rested his cheek in the palm of his hand, smiling dreamingly.

"good for you" hongjoong said sarcastically, trying to accumulate himself from bursting out crying. he never wanted to seem desperate for love. "do you think this will be the last person you'd fuck?"

"no" came the immediate reply, "or maybe... but there are things I don't know about him, yet." he smirked, making hongjoong swallow hard.

"you have to be joking," hongjoong chuckled, "after all these years, all these tries... you can't tell me you finally have an eye on someone."

"what if I do?" seonghwa sent him the look, "I can finally get rid of these ants calling me captain."

"don't they call you daddy?" Hongjoong asked amused, seeing how seonghwa tensed up. "well, how does yeosangie call you?"

"that's not your concern." seonghwa rolled his eyes at hongjoong's weird behavior, "that jongho guy has been looking at you all day, maybe you should shoot one of your shots."

"are you serious?" hongjoong snickered, "how can I possibly like someone if there is someone else on my mind..." he mumbled the last part. seonghwa hummed, "uh, nothing.. I just don't feel like it." He shook his head, "by the-" his sentence got cut off, when the bell rang.