27 ◌ still save you

🌫

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"This should work." San put the medicine in the water as he grabbed the glass and brought it to seonghwa's mouth, clinking the glass with the boy's teeth which made the elder grab the glass and swallow it with two mouthful sips. "Woah there, are you okay? Your head must really hurt."

"I'm fine," Seonghwa cleared his throat and put the glass down on the table, Taking a deep breath. It had been weeks since he last got a little sleep, And staying up every night to concentrate on the decision of his life merged with the insomnia didn't make things any easier. "It always happens when I feel something wrong."

"Like... what?"

"I don't know... the same thing happened 6 years ago the night before my mom died." Seonghwa groaned deeply and looked at the clock on the wall, Making sure to take each pill at the right time.

"So you're trying to say something is going to happen?" San widened his eyes as it was evident Seonghwa was talking honestly, and the elder also was no liar.

Seonghwa turned to look at him and stayed silent, Feeling his heart racing inhumanly. "I-I can't explain... let's just let it pass." He shrugged and sat down, massaging his temple to calm down his breathing.

"You said the same thing once you found out your mom was dead!" San rolled his eyes and took the seat next to his, "What does your mind tell you, seonghwa?"

"That something could go wrong... That- I will lose what's dear to me..."

"Seonghwa..." San put a hand on his shoulder, "I've known you for 7 years, and although this is just a feeling, I think you shouldn't worry too much." Lies. Even though he knew what Seonghwa said was 100% telling the truth, he could not bear to make the boy sadder more than he already was.

"Yeah... I guess you're right." Seonghwa smiled, Feeling his shoulders ease a bit wit the small encouragement. "Thank you, San, Really."

"No problem, you're my best friend after all." San nodded and shifted, leaning back on the chair. "I think today might bring us-" he was cut off when Seonghwa's phone suddenly vibrated in his pocket, turning to glare at the elder as he picked the phone up and brought it to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Seonghwa,"

"Yeosang? Is something wrong?" Seonghwa glared at San who glared back at him, looking at him worriedly. There was something a little off about how Yeosang sounded on the other side of line, Especially when they spent the rest of the nights on phone calls, Seonghwa could easily identify if something wasn't normal.

"Yeah, All good! Are you busy?"

"No, I'm home, Why?"

"Great! Can we meet? I'm near the traffic lights, Down an alley," A laugh irrupted from the other line before the line was cut, a few strange noises making their way to Seonghwa's ear as he furrowed his brows in the confusion that just busted inside his chest.