12 ◌ just the benefits

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

last night... the way seonghwa pushed into him. seonghwa. seonghwa. seonghwa.

that's how yeosang found himself, completely dozing out and not even listening to the teacher busy lecturing. yeosang? yeosang? "kang yeosang?" the voice of the teacher suddenly made him flinch.

"y-yes... miss?" Yeosang stood up awkwardly, getting even more awkward as everyone was glaring at him, seonghwa.

"You kind of seemed dozed off..." the teacher began, "were you overthinking?"

oh no. "u-uh... yes..."

"great! mind elaborate? we'd love to hear what's gotten you zoned out in class." the teacher said through gritted teeth, already planning on embarrassing yeosang in front of the whole class. yeosang just stayed quiet, "yes? I'm listening." she crossed arms over her chest.

"does that have anything to do with you?" seonghwa spoke up from the first row, annoyance evident on his face.

"and did I ask you mr.park?"

"no, you didn't. but there is only one thing you are obliged to do, and that's teaching us, not forcing us to elaborate on our lives." seonghwa said with a smile, causing the teacher to rile up.

"who gave you permission to speak? I'm talking to him." she sent seonghwa a death glare before turning her eyes back on yeosang, "mr.kang, I'm listening, please go on." she rolled her eyes when she got no response. "mr.kang, if you think you're stupid, then stand on your feet." she smirked when yeosang's eyes slowly started to brim with tears, not standing up from his seat. "oh? mr.park? so you think you're stupid?" the teacher gasped dramatically when seonghwa stood up on his feet, getting all eyes on him.

"no, I just felt bad for you standing alone." the whole class started laughing. seonghwa smirked, watching how the elder's eyes darkened. he realized the change of expression on the teacher's face, from pride and joy to anger in a second.

the look yeosang gave him made his heart start aching. the way the younger rubbed his eyes so rapidly that no one could catch except for seonghwa, who was busy looking at him.

"enough! go to the principal's office, now!" the teacher slammed her hand on the table, causing the sound to echo through the auditorium.

seonghwa rolled his eyes before walking out of the rows, taking yeosang's hand and pulling him up from his seat. the students just watched in silence as this is the first time seonghwa had ever defended someone in class, and this is by far shocking.

"w-where are we going?" yeosang rubbed his eyes with his free hand as seonghwa just said nothing and dragged him with himself to the principal's office, not wasting any time on opening the door, not one bothering to knock.