Chapter Sixty-One: Commander Levi

(Levi's POV)

         I made it to my office half an hour later then normal. When I arrived my assistant, Hana was in my office looking through papers. "Oh, good morning Commander." She smiled. When Erwin first became trapped inside the Spirit Tree the king had decided that I should take his place as commander, which I had no problems with. The Scout Regime was finally under my full control, as it should have been in the beginning. I smiled slightly as I closed my office door behind me.
          "Good morning Cadet. Any news today?" I asked as I walked over to my desk and sat down. She shook her head and poured me a cup of tea. "No sir, nothing new today. You have a few papers to sign, and you have two meetings today with Commander Pyxis and Captain Hange." Hana explained as I grabbed my cup of tea and took a sip. Hana was a new cadet, but she wasn't half bad at her job.
        "Okay, thank you Cadet." I sighed as I looked at the mountain of paperwork on my desk. "Commander sir? May I ask you a question?" Hana's soft voice brought my gaze to hers. "What is it?" I asked as I sipped my tea again. "I noticed you have a few pictures of this really pretty woman on your desk. Who is she?" Hana asked as she motioned to a picture of Emi I had framed on my desk. I smiled softly as I looked at the picture of my gorgeous future wife.
       "That is Lieutenant Emi, my future wife." I explained as she looked closely at a picture of Emi. "I think I've heard stories about her when I was in training. She has a demon inside of her right?" She asked as I sighed deeply. Emi had been acting weird since her and Kami separated. "She did, but she doesn't anymore." I explained as Hana nodded softly. "So, she's a normal human now?" She asked as I chuckled.
      "There is nothing normal about that woman." I admitted as Hana raised one of her sleek brown eyebrows. "Really?" Hana asked as I nodded. "That woman, tests me in all of the right ways. She's strong, dependable, sassy, harsh, and extremely smart." I explained as I smiled, thoughts of my future wife played in my mind as Hana looked at me and smiled.
       "Seems like you really love her, Commander." Hana spoke softly as I took another sip of my tea and nodded. "I do, she's changed my life in so many ways since I met her." I stated as Hana smiled. "Well, I can't wait to meet her Sir. Will she be here later today?" Hana asked as I chuckled. "She's dress shopping and wedding planning with Captain Hange and Captain Mikasa, so I highly doubt I'll see her till I get home tonight." I explained, thinking about Emi in a wedding dress made my heart skip a beat.
       "Are they close?" Hana asked as I began signing documents. "Well, Captain Mikasa is actually my niece. Captain Hange I guess you could call her my friend. Plus a few other cadets and such will be helping Emi throughout the day I heard. Knowing Emi she is either having a fantastic time, or so done with all of it." I chuckled as I continued to sign my name on the documents that needed signed.
        "She's a very lucky woman.." Hana mumbled as her words caused me to look up at her. Her chocolate brown hair was tied in a messy bun. Her bright blue eyes inspected me as I sighed. Maybe, if I hadn't met Emi I would think Hana was attractive but, in comparison to Emi she was way below Emi's breath taking looks. "I think I'm the lucky one in this situation." I explained as I turned my chair and looked out the huge window behind me as I smiled slightly. "I'm definitely the lucky one." I whispered.