Chapter Twenty-Six: Punishable by Death

(Kami/ Emi POV)
         Kami appeared on the rooftop of the church, her bright blood red eyes looked down at the city before her. A wicked grin appeared on her face as she slowly lifted up her right hand. The crowd of innocent bystanders below slowly turned their heads to look up at the ominous dark creature in the sky.
    Kami's aura expanded. The ground below began to quake as the civilians began to shriek in fear. Several buildings collapsed under the pressure of the earthquake. Kami looked down at the town, her left hand slowly raised as she spoke.
    "This world is pitiful. You all should be ashamed." She stated, once her left hand was fully extended the left side of the city began to burn in flames. The screams of many innocent people down below flooded Kami's ears as she suddenly grabbed her head. She bent over, writhing in pain as she screamed, her voice now sounding demonic.
      "KAMI THAT IS ENOUGH! YOU'RE KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE!" Emi's voice pierced through her brain like sword as Kami gasped, her hands slowly drifted down her face and to her throat.
     "They're just collateral." Kami scoffed as she felt Emi trying to claw her way back into her body. Suddenly the sound of Ryu lunging towards Kami filled the air as Kami smirked.
       "KAMI NO!" Emi shrieked as Kami allowed his sword to plunge into her stomach. At the same time she grabbed Ryu by the face with her hand.  "What? You're going to tell me that this man is innocent too?" Kami asked. She used her right hand and grabbed Ryu's arm, snapping it like a twig as he writhed in pain, his screams muffled by Kami's tight grip.
      "Kami, we can figure out another way. You don't have to destroy everything." Emi explained calmly. Kami tightened her grip on Ryu's jaw, his bones slowly starting to fracture. "Where was this mans humility, when he was starving you? Beating you? I was there I remember." Kami pointed out as I sighed.
     "We can figure out his punishment later, Kami." Emi tried to reason with her, but it was no use. Kami squeezed Ryu's head so hard that it exploded. His blood and brain matter spewing across the rooftop. "I decided. His actions were punishable by death." Kami stated coldly as she pulled her arm back and threw Ryu's lifeless body all away across the city, his body crashing into wall Maria. The force from her throw caused the fifty meter tall wall to crack. Kami sighed and grabbed the handle of the blade, slowly pulling it out of her stomach as she felt the wound close and heal on its own.
   "Emi!?" Levi's voice coming from a nearby window made Kami scream in pain as Emi was slowly gaining control of her body again.