Chapter Fifty-Seven: Fake (The Finale Battle: Part Five)

(Levi's POV)

             The wicked sound of the assailants laughter slowly fueled the rage that was boiling in the pit of my stomach. I landed on top of a tree branch, keeping my deep vengeful gaze on the assailant. "I think it's a little too early for you to be laughing. I haven't kicked your ass yet." I scoffed as the assailant threw a knife at me, I pulled the blade of my weapon out of it's sheath, blocking the projectile. "You're such a cocky bastard. Prepare to die, Captain Levi Ackerman." The mysterious figure stated as I sighed. "At least let me see who is behind the mask. Be an honorable person, creature, whatever you are. I'm starting to think anything is possible since I met the love of my life." I explained sarcastically as the figure paused for a second and reached up for the cloth mask.

        "I'm sorry it had to be this way, Captain. I actually admire your skills and everything you've done for humanity." The assailant spoke calmly as they began untying the mask. My dark eyes widened in fear. "No way..." I paused mid sentence as I double checked what my eyes were seeing. Lulu stood before me, her once gentle apologetic eyes now were vicious and psychotic. "Why? Lulu, why would betray us? What about Emi?" I asked in disbelief as Lulu smirked. "Are you really that dense, Captain? I wasn't expecting the rumors to be true, but you can't deny the truth I guess." She sighed as she held up a blade in my direction. "I am a product of the Church of the Wall. I serve no God, but a wise scientist. I am only a mere pawn for the Church's plan, as are you." Lulu chuckled as she licked the sharp blade in her hand. "I'm so sorry...that happened to you Lulu." I muttered as Lulu raised her eyebrows in my direction.

      "You really believe that I need or want your sympathy? That naïve girl really did weaken you as a man, didn't she?" Lulu cackled as I clenched my fists. "You bitch! How could you betray not only humanity, but Emi?! She's supposed to be your friend!" I yelled as I lunged towards her, aiming the tip of my blade at her. She dodged it, just missing as she landed on another tree branch
"Emi is just a pawn in the destruction of the world. Once Commander Erwin makes it to The Spirit Tree and shocks the idiot girl and the goddess the destruction of the world will commence." Lulu chuckled as she tried to catch her breath. My eyes widened as I clenched my fists. "Erwin can't shock them, we have the device." I smirked as LuLu giggled.
     "Sorry about that Captain, but I may have taken it back. Don't worry though, I'll make your death short and sweet. You won't feel a thing." LuLu taunted as she lunged towards me.