Chapter Forty-Five: For Humanities Sake

(Levi's POV)

        I walked into the library to find Kami and tell her about our discovery. As soon as I walked in my eyes met her, standing in one of the isles looking like she saw a ghost. Her skin was pale and a bead a sweat dripped down her forehead.
         "Kami?" I spoke softly as I closed the library door behind me. I slowly walked over to her, careful not to startle her as her bright red eyes were glowing with blood lust. "Kami, are you okay?" I asked as she suddenly snapped back into reality.
     "O-Oh Levi, I'm sorry I didn't notice you were here." She muttered, her voice clearly shaky as I started to become worried. "Kami tell me what happened, you look like you've seen a ghost." I stated as I went to touch her face, she instantly slapped my hand away from her causing my eyes to widen a bit.
      "I'm sorry Kami I-" I began to say when she cut me off. "No, Levi I'm sorry. I was just having a moment. What's up?" She asked, quickly recovering herself as I leaned against the shelves of books. "Did you hear anything from Emi yet?" I asked, my heart ached. My mind making me think a thousand different things. She sighed and shook her head.
       "Unfortunately, no. I can still feel her soul but it's barely what it was.. I'm afraid if we don't figure something out soon I may loose my connection with her forever." Kami explained as I felt my heart stop beating for a moment as my eyes widened. "What will happen..if you loose your connection with her forever?" I asked, part of me was to scared to know the answer the other part, needed to know. She sighed and rubbed the back of her neck.
        "Well, I've never had this happen before in my entire existence but, I would assume that my full power would be released." She stated as she continued to look through the book covers. I put my hand on her shoulder stopping her for a second.
      "What do you mean, your full power will be released?" I questioned, memories of the battle at Trost played in my mind like a movie. She shrugged as she pulled a large brown leather book from the shelf.
      "Well, I'm not exactly sure like I said but, the world will probably be destroyed." She stated calmly as my eyes widened. I grabbed her and pushed her against the shelf of books. I grabbed her chin so she would have to look me in the eyes.
      "Kami, how are you able to say that with a straight face? Millions of innocent civilians would be slaughtered if that happens!" I yelled, her blood red eyes stayed locked with mine as she whispered.
      "That has no meaning to me. I think your confusing me with Emi. I was accidentally summoned into this realm by stupid humans. I belong in the spirit realm. Not here. You seem to forget Captain Levi, that I am far more powerful than anyone you've ever met." She stated as she pushed me off of her. I took a deep breath as I looked back at her.
       "I'm sorry Kami.. I didn't mean to offend you by what I said." I stated, realizing that this situation had to put a lot of pressure on her. "So, did you find anything out when you saw your friends?" She asked calmly as I nodded and sighed.
        "The files we need are in Commander Erwins office.. there is no way we are going to be able to get them from him." I explained as a smirk creeped up on Kami's lips. I blushed deeply and tried to recollect myself as she spoke. "Don't worry Levi, I think I have a plan to get those files." Kami stated as my eyes widened.
       "How? Are you on some kind of suicide mission?" I asked as she rolled her eyes. "Of course not Levi, but I may have something that Erwin wants." She stated. After a few moments it finally clicked in my head.
     "Kami there is no way in hell that your doing THAT." I stated as she scoffed. "And you think your going to stop me Levi? Don't forget we're kind of on a time crunch." Kami stated as she bit her lower lip. "I have to watch everytime you and Emi do stuff like that," she explained as my face went bright red.
      "W-Wait you s-see?!" I muttered as I suddenly became flustered. She pushed me against the bookshelf. My heart skipped a beat as she leaned in, whispering in my ear. "Don't worry Levi, I'll only play long enough to get the files. I'll just tell Emi I borrowed her body for the sake of humanity." She sarcastically stated as she giggled, pulling away from me.
      "While I'm doing this, get a few horses and supplies ready. Because I have a feeling when I'm done with Erwin we're going to have to flee." She explained as I fixed my ascot. "What do you mean?" I paused as she turned slightly to look back at me.
     "I'm not just getting those files...I'm getting that damn device from him too."