Chapter Six: Mutual Agreement

(Emi's POV)

     I reluctantly stood in front of Captain Levi's office door, not sure if I was about to walk into my grave as I slowly opened the door handle.
   "So, you can follow instructions, incredible." Captain Levi scoffed as he relaxed in his desk chair.
    "Sir, always a pleasure to see you." I sarcastically spoke, my words seeming to hit his last nerve. He slammed his cup down, shattering it in the process. I instinctively jumped as he sighed.
    "Okay, Emi cut the bullshit. What in the fuck is your problem?" He growled as his cold gaze made my heart skip a beat.
   "Captain..your hand.." I softly muttered as Levi looked down, a piece of ceramic imbedded into his palm. He sighed as I walked over to him and gently grabbed his hand. His eyes widened as I inspected the wound.
    "Don't give me that look Captain.. let me bandage your hand." I whispered as I grabbed a bottle of alcohol that was sitting on his desk. I pulled the thick cork out of the top, and began slowly pouring a little alcohol on the wound. His onyx eyes slowly inspected my work as I pulled out a bandage from my pocket and skillfully bandaged his hand.
    "Where did you learn that?" He asked, impressed with my ability of basic combat medicine. I sighed and looked up at him, finally noticing how close we were as a blush creeped across my cheeks.
    "My mother...she was a nurse..she taught me a few things." I explained.
    "I've never noticed..but I see both of your parents when I look at you..." Levi's suddenly soft voice sent chills down my spine.
    "W-What? You knew my parents?" I questioned him, not realizing that he was just barely old enough to have known my father. Levi nodded as he reached up, his thumb and fore finger brushing up against my cheek.
   "I had met your mother a few times..I didn't know her that well. But, your father well...he taught me everything I know." He admitted as my eyes widened. My heart began to race with excitement as I leaned in closer to him.
    "Please, tell me everything you know about him!" I begged as Captain Levi adverted his gaze and took a deep breath.
    "I'll make you a deal. Stop with the bullshit, and train with me properly. I can make you into the soldier your father was...if you do that, then I'll tell you about your dad." He explained as I sighed. I slowly stood up straight and looked him in his eyes. "Okay.. I'll do what you say." I agreed as a wicked grin appeared on Levi's face.