Chapter Three: Training

(Emi's POV)

     "COME ON CADET PICK UP YOUR FEET!" Captain Levi's screaming slowly started to annoy me as I stopped running, my chest burned as I tried to catch my breath. "I-I need a break...I've been r-running for four hours already." I groaned as I wiped a bead of sweat off of my forehead. I reached up and tightened my thin black hair tie that barely kept my long   Silk like caramel hair out of my face. Captain Levi walked over to me, the light of the moon making his muscles visible through his white button down shirt.
"Did I say you could stop, Cadet? Where is that attitude from this afternoon?" He scoffed as I placed my hands on my knees and rolled my eyes.
"T-Trust me.. it's coming." I warned him as he shook his head and threw me a water bottle that was hiding in the cooler behind him. I barely caught it as he crossed his arms.
"What is you're problem anyway Cadet? You seem to have made it you're life's mission to be a pain in my ass." He glared at me as his words ignited a fire in my stomach.
  "What's my problem?" I scoffed as I stood up straight, my golden eyes challenging his peering gaze as I spoke. "I could ask the same thing of you, Captain. It feels like you've had this personal vendetta with me since I got here." I blurted as I watched his eyes widened a bit. After a few dead silent moments he turned, his hands clenched behind his back as he kept his back turned towards me.
   "Break time is over Cadet, give me ten more miles." He coldly ordered as I sighed, closing my water bottle forcefully as I groaned.
"Yes. Sir." I pushed myself forward as I could feel my muscles screaming in pain. My body trying to get me to give up as I refused, the anger and rage I felt causing me to push myself harder. My speed increased slightly as I felt the cold air brushing against my exposed skin.