Chapter Thirty-Seven: Say Yes

(Emi's POV)

       I sat on the creaky bed that was in my cell as I sighed. I kept my vision on the moon that shown bright through the very thin window. My mind raced with thoughts of Levi, hoping he wouldn't be too mad at me. The sound of the cell door opening startled me as I looked over. I looked at Erwin who spoke.
    "You have ten minutes." He stated as I raised my eyebrow. Suddenly Levi walked in, as my golden gaze met his. He walked into the cell as Erwin closed the door behind him and left, leaving Levi and I alone.
    "Levi?.." I muttered as he quickly walked over to me. He grabbed me by my wrist, pulling me off of the bed and into his arms. I blushed deeply as he wrapped his strong arms around me and held me close.
    "You're an idiot." Levi whispered as he kissed my forehead. I giggled slightly and nodded. "I know.. but I had to surrender. If I didn't all of you would have been killed." I explained as a deep sigh escaped Levi's lips.
     "You're lucky...that I love you." My eyes widened a little as I looked up to meet his gentle gaze. I smiled and leaned in, pressing my lips against his. He instantly kissed me back, making all of my previous anxieties melt away.
      "How am I going to get you out of this?" He muttered after he slowly pulled his lips away from mine. I sighed as I reached up and touched his face softly. "Levi, you can't get me out of this. I want you to go back to living your life the way you did before we met. I can't risk you getting hurt or worse." My voice trailed off as I looked up, seeing tears falling from Levi's face.
       "I can't live my life without you in it Emi. Please..don't give up on me. I can figure something out with Armin and Eren to get you out. I can't give up on you Emi." Levi rarely let his emotions show, and I had never seen him cry before. I brushed my thumb against the side of his cheek. One of his tears slid onto the top of my thumb as placed my forehead against his.
       "Levi...once we get through this, then what? What do you want?" I asked, curious as to his idea of the future. He sighed as he reached in his back pocket.
          "I was going to save this for another time but.. I can't loose you Emi, I refuse to." He explained as he pulled out a tiny black velvet box. My eyes widened as I looked at the box and then up to Levi. "L-Levi?" I muttered as he opened the box, revealing a beautiful silver ring with a small ruby and diamond on it.
      "Emi, please. When all of this is over please marry me. I want to spend the rest of my life loving you. I've spent most of life wondering if I would ever find someone, who makes feel the things that you do. " Levi explained as he quickly pinched my cheek. "Even if you are impulsive and annoying sometimes." He added as I giggled.
       "So what do you say, Emi? Become my wife soon, please." He asked, causing my heart to skip a beat. Before I could answer Erwin came back into the room where my cell was located.
         "Alright, times up. Captain it's time for you to leave." Erwin stated as he unlocked the door to the cell. Levi glared at Erwin and quickly looked back at me and kissed me deeply, throwing me off guard. Once he pulled away from me her turned and headed to the door. Before he walked out of my cell I grabbed his wrist, stopping him in his tracks.
      "Levi.. the answer is Yes. Of course I will, idiot." I giggled as Erwin motioned for Levi to come with him. Levi turned and quickly slid the gorgeous ring on my finger as he smiled. "I love you Emi, I'll be back here soon okay,?" Levi stated as I smiled and nodded. "I love you too, Levi." I softly spoke as Levi turned and left the cell. Erwin closed the cell and locked it, keeping his blue eyes on me.
     "What?" I placed my hand on my hip, shooting daggers at Erwin with my eyes. Erwin rolled his eyes and scoffed. "It's amusing to me, that you both think your going to get out of this." His words caused my stomach to turn. "I could say the same thing about you, Erwin. Don't think we're not on to you." I stated confidently as he laughed. "Okay Darling, believe what you will." He cockily stated as he turned and left. I sighed deeply as ran my hands through my hair, and began pacing back and forth in my cell.