Chapter Twenty-Seven: Strong Enough

(Levi's POV)

      I had followed the sounds of people screaming, and pure chaos to the rooftop, where I saw Kami. Her power was immense, as she lit half the city on fire with one movement of her arm. My eyes widened as I felt Nicolas touch my shoulder.
     "Captain! We have to stop her! If we don't she will destroy us all!" The fear in Nicola's voice snapped me back into reality as I opened the window and looked back at him. "I have an idea, it's crazy but it may work." I stated as I turned, seeing Ryu's blade go straight through Emi's abdomen. I clenched my fists as I watched in horror.
   "What? You're going to tell me that this man is innocent too?" Kami argued as she snapped Ryu's arm, causing him to scream in agony. My eyes widened as I finally realized.
     "Captain you can't go out there! Going out there is crazy! She will kill you!" Nicolas tried to reason with me as I shook my head. "Emi is still in there...I know she is." I muttered as I watched Kami smash Ryu's face between her fingers. I took a deep breath as I looked at Kami.
       "Emi.." I softly spoke as I slowly took a few steps closer to her. Kami screamed as she held onto her temples. "N-NO L-LEVI! G-GET AWAY!" Emi's voice broke through Kami's as her gaze met mine. One of her eyes the gentle gold color that filled my mind, the other was the same blood red color that caused pure terror.
      "No, Emi!" I took another step towards her as she fell to her knees, tears pouring down her cheeks as I shook my head. "I'm not leaving you anymore. Your strong enough to do anything Emi!" I admitted as Kami slowly sat up. The black aura slowly dissipating away as she groaned. "L-Levi..." Emi's eyes slowly drifted shut as she finally regained control. I ran and caught her body before she passed out and fell off the roof.
     "Shhh... don't worry Emi.. I have you. You're safe now." I whispered as I held her close. Her head rested against my chest as my gaze slowly drifted to the burning city before us.
        "Captain..what do we do now?" Nicolas asked. I slowly stood up, scooping Emi's body into my arms as I walked back to the window where Nicolas stood. "We leave. Now." I ordered as Nicolas saluted me and nodded. The city of Trost on Fire was the last thing we saw before we escaped the city.