Chapter Twenty-Three: The Real Her (Escape from Captivity: Part One)

(Levi's POV)

     "You have five seconds to answer my question, or I'll slice your traitorous throat." I hissed as his eyes widened with fear. "Stand down, Captain." A familiar voice called behind me. I turned my head, my gaze meeting Erwins.
    "Don't worry Erwin..You're next." I warned him as I smirked. "No, it's not time for us to fight. Not yet anyways." Erwin explained as I clenched my fists. "And you think we're just going to go back to the way things were?! You're a traitor, Erwin!" I screamed, my anger getting the best of me. Erwin shook his head and motioned down the hall.
    "Turn right, go about fifty meters then turn left. Her cell is at the very end of the hall. But, good luck being able to stop her now." Erwin stated. I released Ryu from my grasp and lunged towards Erwin. My fist hit the edge of his jaw. He stammered back a few steps as I glared at him.
    "What did you do..to HER?!"I felt rage building inside of me as Erwin held his jaw and sighed. "I only assisted with helping her connect to the real her." He admitted as I grabbed him by his collar, pulling him a few inches from my face.
    "I don't care what she is. I know that she isn't some monster that you all think she is." I stated boldly as I felt a faint blush come on my cheeks. Erwin looked at me and chuckled.
     "Captain, I'll remember that look on your face when I go back to the barracks. I'll be assigning Emi to another squad." Erwin admitted as I grabbed Erwin by his throat. My fingers slowly squeezed. adding more and more pressure.
   "As if you are ever going to be a commander again. You don't deserve to even be breathing." I glared as he gasped for air. Suddenly a loud explosion shook the entire church. My eyes widened as Erwin smirked. "No.." I muttered as Erwin punched me in the stomach, sending me flying into the wall behind me.
   "Sounds like the Hanoikami is awake." He stated as he stood,  fixing his clothing as he walked towards the direction of the explosion. I grunted as I quickly followed him.