Chapter Fourteen: Memories

(Emi's POV)

I remember when I was a kid, I bugged my mom to tell me story's about my father. I was too young when I saw him last to remember the details of his face. She would spend hours telling tales of how she met my father in a small village outside of wall Rose. She was a nurse by trade, a family business helped put food in our mouths every week.    
My father was said to be one of the greatest Commanders of his time. He was always so busy, so he didn't visit home. The only time I heard new things about him was when he would occasionally send my mother a letter. I would hide behind the wall, watching my mother get so excited she'd cry when she would receive the letter.
"Hey, wake up!" The sudden noise pulled me out from my haze. My body throbbed as my chest burned every time I inhaled. "Finally, took you long enough." Ryu's cold voice made my anxiety spike as I struggled against the ropes that tied me to a large wooden pole. "W-what do you want with me? W-who do you work for?" I breathlessly began interrogating him. He held up his hand and slowly stood up from the wooden chair he was sitting in. We were in a small empty room. One small flame made things barely visible. "Tsk. You're in no position to be asking me questions. Your in some pain, aren't you?" He grinned evilly as I spit in his direction. He tensed up for a second, wiping my saliva off of his cheek as he glared at me. He raised his hand and smacked me hard across my cheek, knocking the wind out of my lungs as he hissed. "You stupid BITCH!" He yelled, grunting as he lowered his hand. After a few moments I smirked, my face turned to the side as I scoffed. "You hit like a girl. Bet I can hit harder." I taunted him as I tried to lunge at him, the harsh ropes burning my skin as I winced in pain. Ryu let out a menacing laugh as he backed away from me, heading for the jail like bars disconnecting me from the rest of the world. "Have fun rotting in here till the boss is ready for you." He waved as he opened the metal door and slammed it shut, the lock loudly latching as I suddenly realized the situation I was in.