Chapter Forty-Two: Soul Connection

(Levi's POV)

   "Where are we going?" Kami asked me for the third time since we left the courthouse but I couldn't answer. The shock of what I saw playing in my mind on repeat. Kami pushed herself out of my grip as she landed a few inches away from me.
     "Levi, seriously answer me." Kami stated as she kept her ruby red eyes on me. I took a deep breath as I met her gaze. "Where is Emi?" I mumbled, nervous for the answer as she sighed. "I don't know.. I can barely see her soul. And she isn't responding to my voice. I think whatever Erwin did disrupted our soul connection." Kami explained as my eyes widened.
      "How do we get her back!? Please Kami, tell me!" My voice quivered as I did the best I could to hide my tears. I normally didn't show my emotions, but the thought of loosing Emi scared me more then anything else before.
       "I don't know Levi...I'm sorry I've never had this happen in my many years of existence." Kami admitted as I almost felt my heart drop to my knees. "What should we do?" I questioned her, unable to come up with a plan. She ran her fingertips through Emi's honey colored hair, the sunlight made her bright red eyes sparkle, causing my cheeks to become flush.
      "Eren's father had ties with the creation of titans, right?" She asked as I nodded. "Maybe he will have any information on something we can do." She stated as I sighed. "We could check the library too, they have books on all types of subjects there." I added as she smiled. "Good thinking Levi, maybe your not so dumb after all." Kami smirked as she slowly began to walk. I watched her walk a few steps before beginning to follow her. Once we reached the barracks Kami looked at me and sighed.
       "I'll go to the library and start looking, you see if anyone knows something that can help." Kami instructed as I nodded. "That's fine. I'll meet you at the library when I'm done." I stated as I adverted my gaze from her to the entrance of the mess hall. Kami turned and left, heading to the library as a sigh escaped me. I decided to head to Eren's office to see if we could speak.
     I knocked on the thin dark brown oak door, after a few moments Eren's voice called out. "Come in, the door is unlocked." I slowly opened the door to see Mikasa, Eren, Armin and Hange all sitting around a table with books. I raised my eyebrows as I looked at them.
      "I was just coming to look for you all." I surprisingly stated as Hange smiled. "I figured as soon as Hanoikami stated that she couldn't speak to Emi, that something was really wrong. And that we needed to figure out a plan." Hange explained as I nodded, walking over to them as I looked over Armins shoulder. His blonde hair covered part of his soft face as he quietly spoke.
       "I think I may be onto something. But i can't be certain just yet." Armin mumbled as he tapped his lead pencil against the desk. Mikasa looked up from her book, her familiar black eyes matching mine. "We think that the information that we had found in Mr. Yeager's basement may have some information that could help us." She stated as I slightly smiled. "Good, where are the records at?" I asked as Eren sighed and looked up at me. "They are in Erwins office, Sir..." he stated as my eyes widened.