Chapter Sixty: A place in this world

(Emi's POV)

           Days turned into weeks as the battle at the spirit tree played clearly in my mind. I lost so much that day. My mind felt empty without Kami's nagging or witty comebacks. I looked out of the window, surveying the large front yard of me and Levi's new home. We had reported all of the events that had happened in the last few months to the king. We were each individually questioned and pardoned for any crimes we may have committed. Levi, was easily adjusting to his new position as the Commander of the Scout Regime. I on the other hand, was still trying to figure out where I belong in this world since I now had no purpose.
"Emi, are you listening?" Levi's soothing voice pulled me out of my thoughts as my golden eyes met his. "Hmm?" I raised my eyebrows as he walked over and climbed into bed with me, his muscular chest brushed against my arm as he planted a few soft kisses on my exposed shoulder. "You're thinking about everything again, aren't you?" He questioned between kisses as I sighed deeply. "What do I do now Levi? You have a job, a life to go back to. I don't know what to do now." I explained as he reached up and moved my blonde hair off of my neck as he began kissing my skin above my collar bone.
"You think too much.. just worry about becoming my wife. You haven't forgotten about it have you?" Levi asked as I rolled my eyes and laid down flat on my back. Levi climbed on top of me and began kissing and licking my neck and collar bones. I moaned softly as he smirked. "I rarely get moments like this with you." He whispered against my skin as I smiled slightly and looked at him. "Levi, I love you. Don't you have work to do?" I asked as he leaned up and sighed, rolling his eyes as he climbed off of me and laid down in the empty spot next to me.
"Since when have you been concerned with work? Baby are you sure you're okay?" Levi asked me as he pulled me into his arms. I inhaled deeply, noticing the lovely smell of soap coming off of Levi's skin. "I don't know what I am Levi. I feel empty without Kami. I don't know what I'm supposed to do now." I sighed in frustration as Levi kissed the top of my head.
"Emi, Kami gave you this chance at a normal happy life. Don't let her down. Do whatever makes you happy, just know I'll be with you ever step of the way." Levi reassured me as I smiled lightly. "We get married next week..." I muttered as he smiled and nodded. "I know, are you ready to become Mrs. Ackerman?" Levi asked as he had a shitty grin on his face. I blushed deeply and nodded as I kissed him deeply. After a few moments of our lips and tongues clashing a loud knock caused us to stop. Levi groaned as he reluctantly pulled himself out of the bed and to the door. A deep sigh instantly escaped his lips as Hange and Mikasa busted through the door of our bedroom.
     "I thought I told you two to wait till later?" Levi grunted as Mikasa shoved him out of the way and walked over to my bed. Hange giggled as she patted Levi's shoulder. "I hope you know, We don't care. We're stealing your future wife for wedding planning and dress shopping. She can't refuse." Hange explained as Mikasa crawled into bed with me and laid her head on my shoulder. I patted her black hair as I smiled and sighed. "Fine, fine I'll get up." I giggled as Levi smiled softly at me. "Get dressed and meet us downstairs in ten minutes." Hange stated as Mikasa and I got out of bed. "Yes, ma'am." I rolled my eyes and smiled as Mikasa and Hange headed downstairs.
     "I'm sorry babe, I told them you may not be up for it today. They clearly wouldn't listen." Levi sighed as he looked in the closet for a shirt. I shrugged as I walked over to him, placing my hands on his sexy chest. "It's alright, maybe this wedding planning will distract me from things." I stated. I needed a break from life, and wedding planning seemed the best way to distract myself. Levi turned to face me and kissed me deeply as his hands grabbed my ass, causing me to giggle.
       "I can't wait to peel you out of your wedding dress.." Levi growled alluringly in my ear as my face turned red. "Aren't you supposed to say you can't wait to see me in my dress?" I asked teasingly as he shrugged and smacked my ass, a yelp escaped my mouth as he smirked.
      "Probably, but everything you wear looks better on the floor. I prefer you naked." He stated as I blushed again and shoved him playfully. "Oh my Levi. Go to work, I'll see you later." I smiled as he finished getting dressed and kissed me softly. "Don't leave those two girls waiting, I'll see you later princess." Levi smiled as I waved goodbye. A deep sigh escaped my lips as I slowly got dressed. I looked at myself in the mirror as my eyes examined every detail of my skin figure.
      "What would Kami do if she were here?..." I mumbled to myself as I fixed my hair in the mirror. I knew Kami wasn't here anymore. I could feel the emptiness inside of me brewing. I was still coming to terms with everything that had happened. Maybe I would find my new purpose in life soon. I sighed deeply as I looked down at my beautiful diamond engagement ring and smiled. "Come on Emi, hurry up!" Mikasa's voice pulled me out of my thoughts as I sighed. "Coming!" I answered as I turned and left the bedroom, ready for what this day had in store for me.