Chapter Twelve: Chains (Attack on Trost- Part Two)

(Emi's POV)

The muddy brown slates of the rooftop shook violently under my feet as I attempted to regain my balance. Ryu pulled the blades of his ODM gear out of the metal sheath attached to his waist and lunged towards me. Thankfully my body moved before my brain could process what was happening. I jumped , doing a backflip mid air, and landing about ten feet away from where Ryu stopped.
    "What in the hell Ryu?!" I yelled as I drew my swords. He chuckled as he looked up at me. His once gentle eyes now sent panic throughout my body.
     "Too bad the boss said he wants you alive. I really wanted to kill you." He admitted as he lunged at me again. The loud screeching sound of our blades connecting rang through the air. He knocked me off of my feet as I suddenly landed on my back. A stabbing pain made my vision hazey as I struggled to push my blade against his.
     "Just come without a fight, I promise I won't hurt you." He tried to persuade me as I scoffed. A wicked grin tugged at the corners of my mouth.
     "Yeah right, If I did that my Captain would kick my ass!" I screamed as I quickly used all of my strength to push Ryu off of me. Once I had a large enough gap I pulled my leg up, my foot pressed against his stomach as I kicked him a few meters away from me.
      He gasped as a few drops of blood escaped his lips. I pressed the trigger on the handle of my blade, releasing the grappling hook that was stored in my ODM gear. As soon as I began to glide a few rooftops away a thick metal chain wrapped around my waist. My eyes widened in surprise as I was suddenly thrusted into the rooftop. The feeling of my ribs shattering caused a ear piercing scream to escape my lungs. Everything slowly faded to black as Ryu's slim figure slowly approaching me turned pitch black.