Chapter Forty-Four: The Library

(Kami's POV)

     I sighed to myself as I walked to the library. This was exactly the type of situation I was hoping to avoid. I've never had my soul connection get tampered with before. Whoever this Erwin was, he was different then other humans. I opened the door to the library as I met the gaze of no other then, Commander Erwin.
     He sat in one of the wooden chairs that were in the center of the library. The walls were covered ceiling high with books from all over the world. I kept my gaze on his as I took a step back. He held his hands up as he smiled.
    "Don't worry, Kami. I'm not going to harm you. Right now, anyways." Erwin stated as he slowly arose from his seat. "Yeah right, like I believe anything that comes out of your mouth." I scoffed as I rolled my eyes. He chuckled to himself as he leaned against the table. I glared at him as I growled.
    "Care to tell me what is so funny, peasant?" He smirked as those words came out of my mouth. "I'ts funny, that you and Cadet Emi share a body, but your personalities are so different." He explained as I sighed and rolled my eyes, slowly walking into the library. My eyes began to scan each book title as I tried to quickly find what I was looking for. Erwin took a few steps towards me as he watched me closely, his gaze sending shivers down my spine.
      "I assume your looking for something to reconnect you and Emi's souls?" He asked as my eyes widened. "How do you know about all of this Erwin?" I asked him as I slowly walked towards him. My dark black aura slowly beginning to leak out as he smirked.
       "I suggest you answer my question, I have no problem with killing you human." I growled as he held up the familiar black remote, stopping me dead in my tracks. He pressed a button, causing my body to be pulled towards him against my will. My body slammed into his as I did the best I could to struggle against him.
   "H-How are you d-doing this?!" I growled, my voice becoming demonic as he reached up, grabbing my chin so that our faces were inches apart. "That syrum. It's a creation passed down through my family. It has your weakness in it." He whispered as my eyes widened.
   "Pure Lead. H-How did you know?!" I felt my anger boiling over as my aura began to flow faster and become thicker. He smirked as he brushed his thumb across my bottom lip. "My grandfather.. was Nolan Smith. My aura instantly disappeared as I felt my heart stop for a second.
        "D-Did you say...Nolan?" I questioned him, remembering the human many years ago who stole my heart, and destroyed it. Erwin smiled as he slowly released me, causing me to fall to the ground. I tried to catch my breath as Erwin bent down, his body extremely close to mine.
     "I don't want to have to do this to you Kami.. I wish things could have worked out different for us..." he whispered as my eyes widened and a red blush suddenly appeared across my face. "I'd like for us to work together, Kami. I don't want to have to destroy you or Emi. But I will if you don't follow my orders." He stated coldly. I looked at him as I sat up a little bit, our faces only inches apart.
     "If you change your mind, on all of this especially Levi, let me know." He stated cockily as I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Yeah right, in your dreams asshole." He chuckled as he stood up and turned his back away from me. "I'll be in my office, I'll be keeping my eyes on you don't forget that." He added as he left me alone in the library, my mind suddenly in a furry of thoughts.