Chapter Seventeen: Discovery

(Levi's POV)

The four cadets that I had found in the hidden closet had explained to me their plan. They thought the best corse of action was to sneak into the Church of the Wall, and see if we could find any information on the whereabouts of the missing hostages. We split in two teams. Team A was responsible for looking through the library that was inside of the barracks. Many books of all different topics were kept there. The petite blonde haired girl, Yui decided that it would one of the best ways to see what we could find out about the Church's plans. Nicolas, the tall cadet with long brown hair decided he'd go with me to the church. "Captain, don't forget. Your best shot at finding anything out about the hostages is to be silent. Hide in the shadows." LuLu warned me as I nodded, my eyes darting to Nicolas. "Are you sure you can handle this? If not I can go alone." I explained as he shook his head. "No, I can do this. They have my sister. She was taken during the attack." He explained as I sighed. Just how many people did this sick organization take? "Okay. Let's go." I stated as we left the barrack, and made our way to the church. Thankfully we decided to wait till dark, when most of the villagers were in bed. We stealthily ran across the rooftops as the church suddenly came into sight. I looked back at Nicolas and nodded, pulling up my black face cover up my face instantly being hidden. We quietly snuck into the large church through a small window in the back. The room was empty as Nicolas slowly closed the window behind us, careful not to make a sound. I quickly inspected the room. An office desk with a stack of papers and a lonely couch where all that were in the room. I noticed what looked like a vent in the ceiling. I pointed up at the vent as Nicolas nodded in agreement. Nicolas hoisted me up, I skillfully removed the panel on the ceiling, climbing up into the long never ending vent. I reached my arm down to help Nicolas up just as the door handle started to wiggle, the noise calling me to forcefully pull Nicolas up, quickly putting the vent cover in place as the door opened. I took a quite breath as I put my finger over my mouth, signaling Nicolas to stay completely still. "So how long till we can get all of this over with?" An unfamiliar voice questioned as a man in all black robes walked over to the desk, his hand grabbed the files and opened them. "We just have to get all of them to activate their powers. Then..we kill them." The man stated coldly as my eyes widened. I clenched my fist, everything in my body wanting to kill this man. "Eren and Mikasa haven't spoken a word. Armin has spent the last thirty minutes having a breakdown, and Emi.. well you were there." The figure that the voice belonged to suddenly came into view. Ryu moved a strained of his silver hair out of his face as I felt my stomach churn with anger. The hooded man slowly reached up, pulling his hood down as my eyes widened in shock. "Don't worry, she is dealing with a monster of her own." Erwin smirked evilly as I felt my whole world shatter around me.