Chapter Fifty: Reunited

(Emi's POV)

        My eyes slowly fluttered opened as the sunlight made it difficult to see for a moment. The surroundings looked unfamiliar as I slowly sat up, the sound of faint breathing caused me to look over. Levi, was sitting at the table closest to the bed. He was slightly slumped over, asleep on a pile of papers. I winced a little as I looked down at my bandaged shoulder. The sound of me wincing seemed to stir Levi awake.
      "Kami..you need to rest.." he groaned as he sat up, rubbing his eyes for a moment as I smiled gently. "Levi.." I mumbled as he turned and looked at me, his eyes slowly widened as he got up abruptly. He walked over to the bed and sat down next to me, his eyes studying mine as I noticed his eyes becoming watery.
     "E-Emi?" He muttered as I nodded slowly. "HI.." I whispered as he placed both of his hands on my cheeks, pulling me into him as he kissed me passionately, cause my face to turn bright red. I reached up and placed my hand on his as he pulled his lips away slowly.
     "I..I thought we weren't going to be able to get you back..." he muttered as he pulled me into a gentle hug, careful to not hurt my shoulder. "I'm back..and there's something I have to do." I stated as I remembered the conversation between my father and I.
    Levi rubbed my hair softly as he planted a few pecks on my forehead. "I know, we have to find out how to strengthen your soul connection again. Where is kami anyways?" Levi questioned me as I sighed.
    "I...don't know... I can feel her presence faintly but, I can't see her or hear her.." I mumbled as he sighed. "Also, I know where we need to go. Do you have a map?" I asked as he nodded, getting up from the bed and walking over to the table. He pulled a large map from the pile of papers and brought it over to me. I scanned the map and pointed to an area a few meters outside of the Shiganshina District.
       "Right there. My father said I would know how to find the tree if I followed my instincts." I explained as Levi raised his eyebrows. He sat down next to me again and pulled me close to him as he kissed my cheek.
      "I love you Emi, but I think your starting to see things. Your father has been dead for years." Levi stated as I sighed. "I know but, I saw him in the Mani." I explained as he rubbed his chin. "I think I remember Kami mentioning something about the Mani. So, if we take you to this spot, you can strengthen your connection with Kami?" Levi questioned as I nodded. "It won't be easy, Erwin is probably onto our plans and will try to stop us." Levi added as I sighed. I turned my gaze out of the window. The sunset painted the sky beautiful shades of yellow, orange and red.
       "Emi, talk to me please. What is going through your head." Levi whispered, his voice melting me to my core as tears began to pour down my face. I turned and looked at him as I cried. "What if I can't do this? What if I'm not strong enough?" Levi's normal hard exterior became gentle and soft as he pulled me into his arms. "You can do this Emi, and I will be with you every step of the way." He reassured me as I sighed, taking the next few hours to stay in his safe arms.