Chapter Fifty-Eight: Kami's Last Stand (The Finale Battle Part Six)

(Emi's POV)

"Kami why won't you just listen to me?!" I yelled, my anger becoming hard for me to control as my golden eyes met hers. "Are you that much of an idiot, Emi? Are you not going to even ask me what that is?" Kami asked, motioning to the clock counting down behind me. I quickly glanced back at it, ten minutes were left on the timer as I looked back at Kami.
"I'm not worried about that right now, we need to re-sign the contract so we can reconnect." I explained as she sighed and walked over to me slowly. "Emi, if you don't leave the Mani now your spirit will never be able to enter the human realm again." Kami calmly explained as she stood in front of me. "K-Kami I don't understand..why are you acting like this? We need to be together.." I whispered as she smiled softly and touched my cheek. "Emi, you're strong enough without me.. I've done enough damage to this world. I don't want to cause any more trouble for you, or the annoying little man you love either." She stated as I leaned my face against her palm.
"K-Kami..do you not want to be with me anymore?" I muttered as Kami looked at me and giggled. "Silly girl..." she mumbled as she pulled me into her arms, hugging me tightly. "I'm doing this FOR you." Kami explained as she hugged me tightly. She had no heart beat or warmth but, hugging her made my entire body warm.
"I've never liked humanity. Humans summoned me and destroyed not only the human world, but my world as well. I hated humanity. I trusted a human before and got hurt. I never thought humans were capable of true affection and peace. Until I met you. Emi, you're honestly my best friend. I want you to be able to live your life out with Levi. I don't want to be the cause of that not working out. You deserve the best in your life." Kami stated as I looked up at her. Her beautiful face was serious even though tears were streaming down her face.
"Kami.." I muttered as I slid my thumb across her cheek, brushing the tear away as I sniffled. "I can't convince you not to do this..can I?" I asked, she smiled and shook her head. "No, you can't. I will forever protect you first. It's in my contract after all." She rolled her eyes as I giggled, the timer on the clock ticking down the time.
"Cute reunion, I'd hate to break it up but you two aren't making it out of this alive." Erwins wicked voice instantly snapped us out of our moment. Kami pushed me behind her as she smirked. "Bold of you to assume that you're not going to die before us. You're in my territory now, Erwin." Kami cracked her knuckles as an evil smirk appeared on her face.
"Emi, I'll distract Erwin. You get out of here." Kami's voice rang in my mind as I shifted my gaze from Erwin to Kami. "Kami, What about you? I can't leave you." I pleaded as she sighed and looked over at the portal that was behind Erwin. "Emi for once do as someone tells you. If you stay in this world any longer you'll die. Forever. I can seal Erwin in here with me for eternity. He won't be able to escape the Mani once I seal the portal. You still have things you need to do Emi. I made a promise with Levi when you were gone, to make sure you came back to him safely. I keep my promises." Kami raised her voice with me as she took a step closer to Erwin.
"You really think you can take me down?" Erwin scoffed as Kami giggled. "I don't think..I know. When I'm in the human world I'm weaker. But here in the Mani I'm at my strongest. This is my playground." Kami disappeared behind Erwin and kicked him hard in his back, causing him to fly away from the entrance of the portal. Kami then reappeared behind me and threw me out of the portal in one swell motion.
"KAMI NO!!!" I screamed as my body flew through the air. "I love you Emi. Thank you for showing me that not all humans are heartless. You have made such a difference on my life. I am beyond grateful of the time we've had together. I will always be watching over you. You can do this Emi. You're strong. Don't worry about me Emi..Remember to always be yourself. Stay strong, and until we meet again Emi."