Chapter Five: Racing Thoughts

( Emi's POV)

"Wow, Emi that sucks! I've heard Captain Levi was the hardest Captain among the survey corps but I never thought he was that harsh!" Lulu groaned as she trailed behind me in the line for food rations. My mind racing with thoughts about Levi. His rough grasp still tickled my skin from time to time as I felt my heart race. I took a deep breath, doing my best to recollect my thoughts as I shrugged.
   "It's been two weeks since that happened and I haven't seen him since." I explained as I grabbed an apple and put it on my tray. "I've only gotten orders from his team on things to do. And most of the orders involved cleaning the place." I added as I groaned. I swear I knew every inch of this entire base. I sat down at a table with a few of my fellow cadets. The sound of their aimless chatter filled my eardrums as I became lost in thought.
  "E-Ehm...Emi?" Lulu whimpered as I snapped back into reality. "Huh?" I looked at everyone, their gazes focused behind me as I sighed, having a clue who was behind me. I turned to meet Captain Levi's onyx glare.
    "Glad to see your enjoying your meal, Cadet." He hissed as the cadets around the table stood and saluted him. I sighed, giving in as I slowly rose to my feet.
   "Sir." I met his gaze, refusing to back down as I smiled cockily. "How was your vacation, sir?" A sigh escaped his lips as he scoffed.
    "Do you ever get tired of the attitude?" He asked as he looked me up and down. I shrugged as I leaned against the table. The atmosphere causing me to smirk.
    "Not really, it's almost as natural as your cockiness." I stated as Lulu grabbed my sleeve.       "Emi!" She scolded me as she bowed slightly infront of Levi. "I apologize for my comrades behavior, Captain." She apologized as Captain Levi raised his eyebrow.
   "Wow, cadet I'm surprised you actually have friends who understand the chain of command. You should take a few notes. I expect you to be in my office in twenty minutes. Understood?" He demanded as I sighed, suddenly loosing interest as I nodded.
    "Yes, Captain." I smiled, causing him to abruptly turn and walk away. A sigh of relief escaped me as I bit my lower lip.
     "Emi, what in the world has gotten into you?!" Lulu scolded me, like she normally did. "Wow, Emi! You've got guts!" Ryu, one of the top ten in my graduating class chuckled as his bright blue eyes scanned mine. I smiled and shrugged. "He's not that bad." I admitted as I looked at the door to the cafeteria as I sighed.