Chapter Thirty-One: In This Together

(Levi's POV)

        "Captain?" The familiar sound of Mikasa's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Huh?" I questioned her, trying my best not to look up at the window. My mind was filled with thoughts of her smile..her body...
        "Wow, you've got it bad huh?" Mikasa smirked as my eyes widened. After a few moments I sighed. "Is it that obvious?" I asked as she sat down on the wall next to me.
       "Yeah, totally. I've known you for years and I've never seen you like this." She admitted as I sighed, running my hand through my hair. That girl made me feel things I've never felt before. "What am I supposed to do, Mikasa. Everytime I talk to her I end up putting my foot in my mouth." I groaned as she giggled slightly.
      "Just tell her how you really feel." Mikasa stated as I rolled my eyes. Suddenly the front door slammed shut. Emi walked out of the house as Eren trailed slowly behind her. "LEVI WHAT IN THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" Emi yelled at me, causing my eyes to widen.
      "Emi? What are you talking about?" I asked her, seriously confused as to what was happening. "I thought you told her, Captain." Eren held his hands up in defense as Mikasa looked at Eren and then to Emi. "Eren! We weren't supposed to say anything!" Mikasa smacked Erens arm. My eyes widened as I finally realized what Emi was mad about.
    "Emi, can we talk about this later?" I asked, her golden eyes peered into mine.
Emi closed her eyes, slowly changing them from golden to blood red. I gulped slowly as Kami looked at Mikasa.
     "Mind if we wrap this visit up early? Captain Levi and I have a few things to discuss..NOW." She demanded as she grabbed the collar of my shirt, I gulped nervously in response.
    "Captain, we will send word in three days." Eren stated as I nodded. Kami kept her grip on the collar of my white shirt. "Please keep an eye on Erwins movements. He's definitely up to something." I explained as Mikasa nodded. Once they left Kami practically drug me into the cottage.
    "K-Kami, easy!" I stated as she let go of my shirt. "I thought we were in this together, Levi." She bit her lower lip as her voice cracked a little. My eyes widened as I saw her expression change.
     "We are In this together.. why would you think otherwise?" I asked calmly. Her eyes changed back from red to gold as tears began streaming down her face. "You spoke to Erwin and kept it from me?" Her gaze met mine as I froze. I had done the best I could to keep my conversation with Erwin a secret. "Why Captain?" She muttered as tears continued to fall down her face. "Emi, I was doing what was best for you." I explained as she glared at me, the tension between us only growing thicker.
      "Cut the bullshit, Levi! Just tell me the truth! Tell me how you really feel!" Emi demanded as I slowly closed my eyes and took a deep breath.