Chapter Sixteen: Hanoikami

(Emi's POV)

The thick metal bars creaked open as Ryu and another man, who's face was hidden by a dark black hood. My eyes slowly peeled open as my gaze instantly noticed a syringe half full of a mysterious silver liquid in Ryu's hand. "Long time no see, Emi." Ryu smirked as I instinctively lunged at him, the pain of my skin being burned by the frayed rope that tied my wrists together made a gasp escape my lips. Ryu grabbed my face, his grasp so tight I was convinced he was going to shatter my jaw. "Don't hurt the chosen one, Ryu." The man warned Ryu. "Chosen one?" I muttered, still having no information on why I was captured. The man grabbed Ryu's shoulder, causing him to release his grasp on my jaw. "Your sacrifice will be for the greater good, Ms. Toragashi." He man tried to assure me as I started struggling against my restraints, my body going numb from the pain as I got a few inches from the mans face, my golden eyes only seeing rage and fear. "I swear..when I get out of here..I'm going to kill you." I hissed as the man took the syringe out of Ryu's hand. "This is going to hurt a bit..but for all of this to work, your memories have to be unlocked." He explained as my eyes widened. I slowly looked down at the syringe, plunged into the bend of my arm. Suddenly my lungs burned. I screamed in pain. My body started to shake as he pushed the rest of the liquid into my veins. I felt every nerve in my body burn, the feeling of a hot iron seared my skin from the inside out as visions of Levi's smile flooded my mind as I felt my legs give out under me. My body felt heavier then ever before as I hung by my wrists. "How long until this stage is complete?" Ryu questioned as I faded in and out of consciousness. "A few days, the only person who can unlock her true power is her." The mysterious mans words were the last thing I heard as I slowly drifted off into what felt like an enteral sleep. After a few moments of what felt like drowning I gasped. A thick black sludge pulling me down into a vast Black Sea. I struggled against the sludge, but I was no match as I felt myself get consumed. I forced my eyes open as I coughed, the familiar ache of my broken ribs was no longer there. I slowly sat up as I looked around. "Where am I?" I questioned breathlessly as everything around me looked unfamiliar. Was this a dream? I asked myself as I slowly pulled myself to my feet. "Emi..." a mysterious voice called out to me. I looked in front of me, a large cave stretched out before me as my eyes widened a bit. Against my better judgement I began slowly walking towards the entrance to the cave. "Emi..." The voice slowly changed from something menacing, to something alluring. I stopped in front of the entrance. A massive gate separated me from whatever was inside. "H-Hello?" I called out, my voice laced with fear as my golden eyes were suddenly met with a pair of bright red eyes. "Emi, finally I get to see you." The mysterious figure before me spoke, her face slowly coming into focus. Her skin was as dark as night, two large blood red horns sat on top of her head. She didn't look like she was wearing any clothes as she wrapped her fingers around the bars. "W-Who are you?" I slowly took a few steps back, my gaze never leaving hers as an evil smile appeared on her face. Her teeth so sharp I had no doubts that she could easily rip through my skin. "Who am I? Emi..I am you.. and you are me." She explained as my eyes widened a bit, taken aback by her words. "What do you mean?" I questioned her as she pressed her face against the bars. "Let me introduce myself.. My true name is Hanoikami, but you may call me Kami.." she smiled wickedly as I felt chills run down my spine. "You see, I have been trapped inside of your body for Ten years in your time." She explained as I shook my head. "N-No way. I must be in a coma or something because this can't be real." I muttered to myself as I touched my forehead, my hands shaking uncontrollably. "Well, your more unconscious then comatose." She scoffed as she rolled her eyes. I looked back at her and took a deep breath. "Are you trying to piss me off?" I walked towards the bars, suddenly collecting a little bit of confidence as she smirked. "You don't realize who I am..do you?" She asked as I stopped in my tracks. "What do you mean?" I questioned her as she sighed. "Well it's no fun if I tell you." She teased as she let go of the bars. She slowly leaned against the wall of the cave, the sunlight outside slowly illuminating her curves. Her once dark skin turned sun kissed. Most of her body was exposed as the tattered rags of her clothes only flaunted her curves. Once the sun hit her face my expression quickly changed. She had my face..only with blood red eyes.