Chapter Twenty-Five: Destruction

(Levi's POV)

     The secret tunnels of the church quaked as we finally reached Emi's cell. My dark eyes widened in fear as I watched Emi grab the guard by his head. "Emi.. I'm going to kill him." Her once calming voice now only instilled fear. A dark purple aura shrouded her body as the guard shook in terror.
     "P-Please spare me!" The guard begged as his head suddenly exploded. Blood and brain matter splattered all over the walls of the tunnel as Ryu took a step back in fear.
       "Emi?.." I muttered as I took a step closer to her. Ryu's eyes flashed to me. "Are you crazy, Levi!?" Ryu asked me as he shook his head. "Fuck this, I'm out of here!" Ryu yelled as he turned and ran leaving me and Emi alone. The dark figure that was once the woman I loved slowly turned, her bright red eyes met mine as she smiled wickedly.
      "Captain! I got the rest of the captives out! We need to leave here now!" Nicolas's voice filled my ears as I shook my head. "We can't leave her here.." I muttered, a bead of sweat ran down my face as I tried to collect myself. Emi's body slowly began walking towards me, her gaze never leaving mine as Nicolas grabbed my arm.
      "Captain! If we don't leave now she'll kill you!" Nicolas warned me as I felt the sudden wave of fear escape my body. A deep breath escaped my lips as I quickly looked back at Nicolas.
       "Get yourself and the other hostages back to base..I'll get Emi back." I assured him as he spent a few seconds looking at me. "Okay..but don't end up like that guard okay?" He stated as I scoffed. "No need to worry. I'm Levi Ackerman after all." I smirked as I looked back at Emi and sighed. My astounding record only counted eliminating titans, not demons. But, I didn't want to tell Nicolas how scared I actually was.
      Nothing in my fifteen years of being apart of the Survey Corps, prepared me for something like this. The air was thick and the pressure from her aura made my muscles ache. She slowly stopped
in-front of me. The dark purple aura slowly dissipated from around her face, revealing the familiar features of the woman I loved.
     "Don't worry.. She told me that under no circumstances am I allowed to harm you." She reached out, her fingertips touching the side of my jaw as my body tensed up. She smirked and licked her lips as she studied every detail of my face with her blood red eyes. She looked like Emi, even having the tiny scar she had on the side of her bottom lip was still there. But her eyes..they weren't the pure gold they once were. Now they were filled with blood lust..and rage.
        "Hanoikami?" Her name escaped my lips as she smirked, trailing her tongue up my neck as chills shot down my spine. "I have one more thing to take care of. And then I'll return her...for now." Her voice called eerily in my mind as her red eyes flashed up to mine. "Stay here, She wouldn't want you to see this." Hanoikami explained as she walked past me leaving me with an empty feeling.
       "Wait! Answer my question... Why? If your a demon why are you worried about what Emi would want?" I asked her, my hands slightly shaking as she turned to face me. "Humanity must know destruction, in order to rebuild. She is the key." Her voice dissipated as she quickly disappeared, leaving me with an overwhelming sense of dismay.