Chapter 31 - You & I

Hope? Despair? Which one will prevail? That's what Y/N's thoughts are full of as the time for them to go to their secret date approaches. It was 30 minutes prior to the time as Y/N looked out of the window to smell the fresh air after the rain had stopped.

He took a deep one as he closed his eyes feeling the air filling up his chest. His heartbeat getting slower as he released his breath slowly to calm himself down for the big moment.

Just then, a phone call came into his phone showing his leader's name.

"Hello? Hyung?"

"Yeah, Y/N. How's it going over there? Having fun?"

"I am. Lots of fun hyung."

"Resting well? 'cause you know."

"Don't worry about that. I've made sure to rest as much as i can so i won't collapse like before."

"That's good. So.... i heard of something from our manager about some stuff that you're gonna do half an hour from now...."

Y/N glared back at his manager who then glanced away from him feigning ignorance.

"I guess you'll be busy from today."

The call started getting noisier as voices from other members were heard from the other side. It was inaudible as he couldn't even hear a single word from it.

"I'm not sure about what the hell you guys were talking about, but i take it as a support for me, so thanks."

"Don't mind them, Y/N. Anyway, i won't even say anything about it since our manager isn't really against it either so.... the choice is up to you. Are you sure you can work out all your schedules as well as maintaining the relationship with her without being overworked?"

Bang-chan asked him asking for confirmation because in reality, Y/N does have quite the number of schedules for the future. But he did think about it thoroughly and decided to just do it without any regrets.

"Yeah. I'm sure."

"Like, really sure? I don't want you to act without thinking of the consequences and end up being a mess."

"I have thought about it a lot, and i'm sure, hyung."

"I see...... Like i said before, the choice is up to you. Good luck, Y/N. And don't forget to tell us the news after. We'll be waiting here."

"Sure. Thanks hyung."

"Mm."

He closed the call as Y/N went back to his breathing in the fresh air.

Time skip

"Nervous?" Changmin asked as he sat up on his bed looking at him. He then turned back nodding at him before getting back to his ritual.

"It'll be fine. I'm 200% sure that she's in love with you too, Y/N. What's there to worry about?"

"It's not that, hyung. Well, it is, actually. But.... there's another thing that's bugging my mind."

"And what's that supposed to be?"

...

...

...

"....aish." Changmin smacked the top of his head. "How childish can you be?"

"But i do feel that way, hyung. Especially after today."

"Just.... just go. Tell her all about your worry." He said as he shooed Y/N out of their room. "Talk things through with her. I can't even say anything to you."

"....guess i will." Y/N said as he wore his coat and scarf.

"Be back soon." He said before closing the door on Y/N.

"Ah....... kids. They worry too much over the little stuff." Changmin said as he walked to the window.

"At least you're brave, Y/N. Don't be like me."

_________

30 Minutes before...

*ding* *ding* *ding*

Messages started popping up to Yuri's phone as she quickly got her phone and see the member's reactions.

🐤 : Ya! Is this for real?!! It's really happening!!!

🍞 : It's about time for that guy to confess.

🐇 : Is it true, Yuri-ah?

Her face grew a smile looking at their reactions. She typed in with a smile on her face not being able to hold back her excitement.

🕊 : Congrats~ I'll tell my sister about this~

🐹 : Unnie! No!

Even though they're not in the same room, but Yuri could've sworn she heard a familiar laugh from outside her room.

🐯 : She'll find out sooner or later, so no need to tell her so soon.

🐱 : So, how do you feel, Yuri-ah?

🐹 : Can't wait! But now that i think about it... will he even confess today?

Yuri started to have negative thoughts on her mind. Just then.

🐰 : Don't worry, Yuri-unnie. Me and Yujin-unnie will beat him up if he doesn't do it today.

🐶 : Mm mm!

🍴 : I'm here for you if you get rejected, Yuri-ah.

🐹 :Thanks a lot everyone~ ㅠㅠ i appreciate it. A lot.

The chat went silent again.

Looks like they're back to doing schedule.

She thought as she laid herself down on the bed. Irene was somewhere near the balcony as if looking for someone outside the hotel.

"Unnie, what're you doing?" She asked.

"Eh? Nothing. Anyway, Yuri-ah."

"Yes?" Irene was about to let a word our from her mouth, but then hesitated and pulled away from making a statement.

".....it's nothing. I hope for the best of your will-be-soon relationship."

"What does that even mean?" Yuri chuckled.

"It's just me talking to myself. But it took him a long time to finally be a man huh?" She said to her.

"I'm sure he has planned it all on his mind,unnie. Wait, scratch that. How are you so sure that he's gonna confess to me?"

"Uh, come on Yuri-ah. I'm not that blind. I might not seem like the kind of person to be interested in love, but you both are just too obvious for me to ignore." She said as Yuei's face started getting red.

".....is it really that obvious?"

"I'm even surprised that there's no articles about the two of you yet. Just the articles of you two going on a holiday and... that's it."

"Doesn't that mean that it's good? No one is suspecting us."

"Still. It's just too weird. Just be careful okay?"

"I will. Thanks, unnie." She said as she hugged Irene.

Time skip

*knock*

"Looks like he's here." Irene said to Yuri as she shot herself up from het seat.

"Do i look fine?" She asked.

"You look beautiful." Irene said with a smile. Yuri then wear her coat and slowly opened the door seeing Y/N standing awkwardly in front of her door.

"Shall we go?"