Chapter 11 - A Promise

"Hi, grandma." Y/N called his grandparent as he opened the door. "How have you been?"

"Never been better, sweetie. And who's this lovely girl?" She looked to the girl behind him who's smiling brightly at her as she returned the warm smile she gave her.

"Grandma. I would like to introduce to you Jo Yuri."

"Good evening. My name is Jo Yuri." She bowed to her. His grandmother then bowed slightly to her as well.

"Aren't you a sweet one?" Yuri giggled at her compliment. "Come sit." She nodded and proceeded to follow Y/N.

"Is this your girlfriend, Y/N?" She asked making both of them flush.

"Uhh...." Y/N hesitated as Yuri looked at him from her corner of her eye facing down.

"Nope. She's just my friend grandma." Y/N said making Yuri sulk.

"ⁿᵒᵗ ʸᵉᵗ." He said whispering hoping Yuri would hear that. And fortunately, Yuri heard what he said and nudged him by the leg chuckling.

"Is she an idol, Y/N? I think i saw her somewhere before..." She touched her chin trying to think.

"Ah! She is! Do you know IZ*ONE grandma?" He asked with his glistening eyes.

"Oh is she one of the members?" Yuri nodded.

"La la la la vie en rose~" His grandma started dancing with their key move. "Ohh~ Ye." She puts her hand behind her back.

"Grandma stop. You're embarrassing me." Yuri laughed with his grandma.

"How did the both of you meet?" She asked.

"Well, grandma." He put his hand on his knees.

"We met at some tv show. We got close during the show and exchanged number. She was an aggressive one."

"Oppa! What are you saying?!" She hit him on the shoulder making him chuckle.

"It looks like you two are getting along." His grandma smiled towards them. "Y/N why don't you go to the cafeteria and buy this young lady here some drink? I'm sure she's thirsty."

Y/N's eyes widened. "Oh right! Wait here, Yuri-ah."

"Wait! I'm fine really, thanks."

"Nah it's fine. I'll be back in a second, don't worry." He left the room leaving grandma and Yuri together.

"I'm telling him to buy some drinks so i can talk with you alone, Yuri."

"Ne? Ah, what is it?"

She looked out of the window to the busy city. Cars honking and the birds chirping outside as the cloud's starting to form in the sky.

"I... i don't think i have much time left." Yuri was shocked by her statement.

"D-Don't say that, grandma. I'm sure you still ha-"

"I'm the one living in this body, Yuri-ah. I know my body quite well." She turned her gaze towards her with her hands on her stomach. "Do you like him?"

Yuri fixed her hair before answering shyly.

"I guess you can say that?"

His grandma smiled at her. "I see. Then it's just a matter of time before you two are together, isn't it?"

"I think it is. I'm waiting for him right now." They both chuckle.

"Can you promise me something? Yuri-ah?"

"Yes?"

"Can you take care of him for me later when i'm gone?"

Yuri fell silent by her question.