Chapter 39 - Decision

"Y/N." Y/N glanced at the man calling his name. His body was tense, as his hands were not as relaxed as it usually is when he's driving. The weight of the situation must've been burdening him quite immensely. "Have you made your decision yet?"

"More or less, hyung. Honestly, I'm not sure if the decision I'm about to make is the right one." He replied, twirling his fingers out of nervousness.

"I see." He gave a short reply before turning to the left, as they're now only a few hundred meters away from the company. He parked at a spot further from his usual comfort, being cautious with the reporters that might catch them slipping.

He opened the door for Y/N, power walking towards the agency when Minho spotted something quite disturbing.

"Wait, Y/N." Minho quickly stopped Y/N on his path. His hand movement startled him, making him confused as to why he told him to do so. He pointed at the front of the office, noticing that reporters were already in the building.

"What do we do now? We can't waltz right in without being swarmed. It'll just increase more rumors." Y/N said, being cautious with the current situation.

"I know. That's why we'll go through the back. Follow me." He walked around the building towards the alleyway, leading them to a place where it would usually be used to ship albums, merchandise, or even vegetables for the chefs available to cook lunch.

He opened his phone and speed-dialed a certain contact, which was Irene.

"We're at the back door. Open the door for us please." Few moments later, the door opened revealing Irene who obviously seems to be under immense pressure. As expected.

"You're here. Finally, Come with me." She said to the two as they followed her towards the lift, pressing a button. The three did not speak another word until the elevator arrived.

"How's Yuri, noona? Is she doing okay?" Y/N asked, breaking the silence between them.

"We both know she isn't okay, Y/N. She's been thinking about you ever since the news broke out." Her words made Y/N become more anxious, being eager to meet her as soon as he could.

They walked out of the elevator, as Irene escorted them to a room where he assumed to be a break room for the idols to use.

"Wait here, Y/N. I'm gonna have to talk to your manager here in private." He nodded at her order as the two walked out of the room, leaving him alone inside where he had the option to either make a coffee, or just sit idly waiting for them to return. Considering the dire situation, he chose the latter.

He looked out of the glass and noticed a familiar girl walking by who just happened to glance back at him. Her eyes widened after recognizing the guy behind the glass.

"Y/N?" She called, walking inside the room.

"Ah, Eunbi-noona." He stood and bowed to the leader.

"What did the managers say?" She asked, not wasting any time.

"They said they'll leave the decision up to me."

"Really?" Her eyes widened, after hearing his answer. "That's shocking, coming from them. I thought they told you to break up or something."

"Me too. I never expected them to leave the choice to me."

"Well, surely you'll tell them that you'll continue to date her, right?" He flinched at Eunbi's suggestion, breaking out in cold sweat.

"About that... honestly after looking at how the public reacted to the news, I'm not really sure if it'll be good for our future as a group. And yours too, noona."