Chapter 43 - Unexpected meeting

"Help you practice? You mean help you with acting?"

"Yup! I'm not confident enough to practice with my peers, considering that this is my first time doing this gig. I know that it's only a web drama, but I'd love to give it my all. Who knows? I might be able to become an actress later in the future if I work hard enough."

"I-I don't know... I mean, I've never really acted before noona. I haven't even gotten any lessons for it yet. I will be taking the classes, but it won't be anytime soon." He declined her request, as the worked-up face she put up earlier was slowly fading.

"I see. It's... it's okay! It's fine. I should be the one who apologizes, Y/N. I'm sorry for making things awkward." She replied with a weak smile, making Y/N feel more awful. He started to waver, wondering if it was the right choice for him to reject her request. After contemplating for a while, he decided to accept it.

"You know what? I retract my answer. I'll be your training partner, noona." Soon after he agreed, Miyeon's face turned happy as she took him by the hand.

"Thank you, Y/N! Thank you so much!" She stared straight into his eyes, as Y/N avoided it in case of an accident.

*door sliding sound*

"Miyeon-ah, Soyeon's looking for-" Yuqi walked into the room, while Miyeon's holding both of Y/N's hands closely.

"...am I interrupting something?"

"N-No you weren't." Miyeon quickly let go of her grip, before turning her seat to the door. "You were saying?"

"Oh yeah. Soyeon told me to look for you earlier, and someone said that they saw you walking to the infirmary. So... yeah. She's looking for you. Are you going to come or...?"

"I see. Tell her that I still have something to discuss with Y/N regarding the performance I'll be doing." She replied.

"Well it doesn't look like you two were discussing something, considering how you were holding hands. Also the fact that this is an infirmary-"

"I was just taking care of his injury! See?" She pointed towards his hand.

"Y-Yup." He showed Yuqi his hand, proving what she said was not a lie. She nodded after verifying it, and was about to leave not before teasing the couple.

"Okay then. I'll tell her that you're busy flir- I mean, busy with your schedule. Sorry to interrupt your sweet time, by the way. Bye, Y/N."

Miyeon shouted, before turning her attention and apologized after her member had teased them.

"Let's get back to the meeting room and continue our discussion."

__________

Inside a dorm which usually consists of girls, a girl is left alone inside as she's laying down on the sofa. The other members went out for either their own schedules, or just out to have fun during their free time. Yuri, who had no intention of going out, decided to play a game on her own, on a public server.

"Red... is... the... im-"

*ring*

"Yuri-ah!" Her manager called from outside of the door. Setting aside her phone, she opened the door and helped her with the lunch she had bought. The two prepared everything they needed and ate together since Irene didn't have anything going on during the day.

"Thanks for the meal." Irene took the first bite of the rice cake, savoring it before chatting with Yuri who's already on her third.

"Yuri-ah. Wanna know something?"