Chapter 46

"I'm home." He said, despite knowing that there was going to be no one to greet him back. At least, that's what he assumed. Little did he know, there was someone who stayed up late for the sake of having a small talk with one of his members.

"Welcome back, hyung." Jeongin said as he continued to watch his favorite movie where an animal is cooking under a chef's hat.

"Oh, Jeongin-ah. Rare for me to see you still up." He said, astonished at the sight he was seeing right before his eyes.

"It's rare for me to see you back so late as well, hyung." He countered.

"Isn't it because you'd usually have fallen asleep at this time?"

"...fair point."

"What is this, slapstick comedy? Anyway, why aren't you sleeping? You're usually the one who'd be-"

"Wait, hyung. Before that, I got something I need to ask of you."

"Oh, really? This is interesting." He said, before sitting next to the younger member. He turned his body towards him, before prying into his question. "Must be an important one since it kept you up so late. What is it?"

"Actually, I went to the hill earlier with Hyunjin to get some fresh air." His smile dropped, recognizing the question he's about to ask. "I saw you hanging out with a girl from afar, or at least I think it's you. Tell me. Were you there earlier today?"

Never would he have ever thought that he'd get caught hanging out at such a place, let alone being recognized due to the lack of lighting. He didn't really feel the need to lie to his own member, and replied.

"Well, yeah. You're correct. I was hanging out with a former friend of mine."

"With a girl? Just the two of you?" He nodded hesitantly. "Did the two of you meet by chance?"

"If you're talking about today specifically, no. But our previous-"

"You met her even before this one? How many times have you met up with her?" He started to be aggressive, leaning in towards him until they were at an uncomfortable distance with each other.

"Wait, don't get any wrong ideas. We're just hanging out as friends, that's all." He leaned back, readjusting the distance between them.

"You're not answering my question. How many times have you met her before?"

"...probably twice. Let me explain before you say anything. Both of them were coincidences, all right? I met her at the airport once when me and Yuri were at the airport. The second one is.. well... I was clearing my head up there, presumably similar to what you were doing. And that's when I met her."

"I see. Okay. You can't be careless like that, hyung. Surely you still remember the news from a month ago, right?"

"Come on, it's not like anyone's going to recognize me there. The place was dimly lit, so I doubt that anyone would know that it's me.

"I recognized you, hyung."

"Isn't that because we've lived together for quite some time that you'd even recognize me by my figure?"

"True. But forget about me. What if it were one of our fans who'd recognize you, the person who had just gotten into one- I'm sorry. I shouldn't mention it when you're being like this. I'm not saying that you shouldn't, I just want you to be careful, hyung. I don't want you to get dragged into those dating rumors again. I'm sure you remembered the backlash we went through, right?"

He nodded weakly, taking the words of his member into his head before Jeongin continued.

"I'm telling you this because I care. About our group, but mostly you. Personally I'm not against you wanting to move on to her or anything. Just remember to stay cautious."

"...okay. I understand. I should be more aware of my current situation. Sorry, Jeongin-ah."

"Nice. Glad I got that out of my system." He threw his body onto the sofa, letting out a breath of air after the tense situation they were in.

"Anyway. We should get some rest. We need to wake up early tomorrow, don't we?"

"Says the last person to come home."

He quickly ran into his bedroom, evading the wrath of his hyung who was ready to throw a tissue box towards his way.

Just as he was about to get some shut eye, he received a text from none other the person he had met early in the day.

"Sorry to bother you, Y/N. Will you perhaps be free this thursday?"

"I don't think I have anything scheduled. Why're you asking?"

"Great. I was hoping that you're able to help me to reenact a certain scene in the script I'm reading. But the question is, do you want to?"

"Why not? I already promised that I'd help you, right? As long as I don't have any schedules or anything coming up, I'll be there to help."

"Great! I'll tell you the details tomorrow. See you then!"

________

Meanwhile

"I'll be doing what?!"

She screamed, before placing her hand over her mouth. She looked at her surroundings, bowing down to apologize before she went back with her phone call. Her two unnies can't help but be curious of what she's going to be doing, and get their ears closer to the phone.

"You're chosen to sing an OST for a web drama that's currently in the making. I managed to get them to listen to your voice, and they said they liked it!"

The two elder members can't help but feel happy for the youngest out of the unit, as they hold both of their hands together and jump in joy.

"Sshh!"

Yuri shushed them so she could continue her conversation with her manager.

"W-Will I get to compose the song myself?" She stuttered due to the overwhelming feeling she was having. Adrenaline started to rush through her blood, making her want to scream her lungs out.

"You won't, but you'll get to be a part of it. There'll be a music director as well as the director of the drama itself to ensure that they get the music and the drama aligned. You wouldn't want an upbeat song in a sad scene now would you?"

"It's not like I want to produce an upbeat song for a drama, but I understand what you mean. When will I start?"

"It's still undecided. I'm going to go on a meeting with them to fit into your schedule, but I think it's safe to say that you might start next week at the earliest. But for now, you should focus on preparing your vocals. Anyway, I gotta go. I'll give you an update soon."

Yuri ended the phone call before turning to the unnies, and proceeded to celebrate with them, gaining stares from the passersby who happened to be present with them.

"Congratulations, Yuri-ah! I'm so happy for you!" Yena told the youngest.

"I'm glad that things are getting better for you, Yuri-ah. Surely it can't go down from here." Chaewon mentioned, with Yuri nodding to her words.

"We should get home and tell the others. I can't wait to see how they's react!"
_______

Being overwhelmed by the excitement of singing her first ever OST, she ended up coming too early to the designated company, and was told to wait at the recording studio until her other peers arrived.

I wonder when the main director's going to come.

She thought to herself. Just then, the door knob turned and revealed a woman who seemed to be not much older than Yuri. The two greeted each other before she realized something.

"Oh, are you Yuri-ssi who's going to be singing an OST?

"Y-Yes I am!" She replied, before the person in front of her introduced herself.

"I'm going to be the main actress for the web drama. Cho Miyeon from G-Idle, if you haven't heard of me."