Chapter 38 - Mess

Y/N who had just woken up felt petrified by the news that had broken out. He went out to open the social media and saw that his name was number one on the trend hashtag.

"Y/N. It's best to not look at what the fans or news have to say right now. The fact that the news broke out, is all you need to know." Bang calmed him down as Y/N ruffled his hair in frustration.

"Yuri. How is she?" Y/N opened his phone to see whether she had notified him about the news or not. Chaeyeon's name came up on top of his message.

'This is bigger than we thought, Y/N. Manager unnie came and told us about the news.'

Y/N replied with a question as to how Yuri's doing.

'We're calming her down right now. What're you gonna do about the situation, Y/N?'

' I'll think of something. Please, take care of her for me, Chaeyeon-ah. '

Y/N threw his phone after the last message as he grunted loudly. Changmin then came in a hurry, gasping for air as if in a hurry.

"Y/N, Bang-chan. Come with me. We need to go to the office."

________

Changmin's face was pale as never before as he got out of the meeting room. He let out a groan, leaning onto the railing when his phone started to ring, showing IZ*ONE's manager's name.

"This is a mess, Changmin-ssi." Irene said as soon as he answered her call, with a sigh at the end of her sentence.

"More of a mess than I ever thought it would be."

"What do you mean 'I thought it would be'? You should've known that it would turn out like this."

"Yet we just let them be, Irene-ssi."

"I don't want the kids to feel like they're being imprisoned. You know full well how it feels like."

"True. And nor do I."

The two fell silent as their minds were filled with the worst possible outcome.

"So, how did your meeting go?" Changmin broke the silence.

"Not now, Changmin-ssi. I do not want to remember the scoldings I've gotten earlier. I wish you were there to hear everything he said."

"Sorry. Also I'm pretty sure we got a similar kind of earful. What're we gonna do now, Irene-ssi?"

"I should tell you how it is on my end, before we come up with a decision."

"I'm all ears. We need to be quick."

_________

The room was filled with a heavy atmosphere, as none of the Stray Kids's members could dare to open their phone, in fear of the backlash they could've gotten.

"Hyung. What's gonna happen to us?" Jeongin asked to the leader.

"It's okay, Jeongin-ah. We'll be alright. But, Y/N. Are you?" He shifted towards Y/N who sat by the end of the room, laying himself on the chair as he stared at the ceiling.

"I don't know, hyung. A lot of things are going on in my mind right now."

"What about Yuri? Have you checked up on her?"

"She's not answering. I think she was told by Irene-noona to turn her phone off for the time being."

Just then, a ringtone echoed in the room as they looked for the source of the sound. It turns out to be Y/N's phone, with the caller ID showing Chaeyeon's name.