Chapter 10 - Hypocrite

"Breaking them up? Really? Why all of a sudden, Irene-ssi?" Changmin asked the manager in front of him.

"As i said before, our company has a policy where its idols cannot date. An-" "Then why didn't you say anything about this to Yuri-ssi in the first place? You know that this could happen, right? I know you wouldn't slip up, Irene-ssi. You're a manager after all." Changmin cut her off before she could finish her explanation.

"...i thought you would never ask, Changmin-ssi. By the way, let's just drop the honorifics. So, i don't know about you, but i don't want to keep my idols from being loveless. They're young. So they should feel love once in a while, you know? And i also don't want to lose my job. Where would i work then?"

"..aha.." Changmin understood her reasoning. It's true that some company doesn't want their idol to date. But it looks like she has something to say about that.

"I never knew that you were this kind of a person, Irene-ah. Anyway, what's your real plan?"

".....i don't know. I'm just hoping that their relationship can be safe. Especially Yuri-ssi. She's too soft hearted to handle the pressure of being told to break up if they were told to."

"Don't worry, Irene-ah. By the way, can i just call you by your name?" She nodded.

"Okay, so Joohyun-ah. You don't really... want them to be broken apart, right? Because from what i'm seeing, Y/N has already fallen head over heels. But what about Yuri-ssi?"

"Well... she also seems to be head over heels as well."

"It's too late for us to do anything now. So how about we just let them be? Y/N might probably use this time to get to know her better, and confess when it's time for them to go on a trip on December."

"What if their relationship were to found out? What'll happen to them then?" She's right. There are quite a few things to consider. How would the fans react to their dating news? And also, what eould the CEO say? Will they told them to break up? keep going? Or even leaving the group? who knows?

"That's.... i don't know. We'll think about it later, okay? But for now, let's just let them be. Is it okay with you?"

*You got me feeling like a psycho~ psycho~*

"F*ck...." Changmin's ringtone rang out loud making Irene chuckle at his ringtone. He then tried to get his phone out in a flustered manner.

"Aish- I'm sorry, Joohyun-ah. Wait a moment."

*beep*

"Hello? Nice timing, Y/N."

"Really hyung?"

"No. That was sarcasm. What is it?"

"Okay so, after discussing for a bit with Yuri-ssi, we have decided on a place. Do you want me to tell it now or later?"

"Oh, good timing then. I can discuss about it first since i'm currently with Joohyun."\

"Joohyun? Ah~ Irene-noona? IZ*ONE's manager?"

"Yup."

"Hyung. I thought that you were supportive of me. But it turns out that you were just using me so you can go on a date with Irene-noona."

"Y/N! What the hell are you saying?"

"Sorry hyung. I'll just text you about the place. Don't wanna disturb your date even more hyung. Have fun~"

"YA! Y-" *beep*

"Aish... he hung up."

"Using my song as a ringtone, Changmin? I'm honored." Irene teased as she noticed that he was done calling.