Chapter 28 - The Truth

"How did you know that i was staying at this hotel?" Y/N asked.

"Let's look for elsewhere to talk first." Heejin said to him.

"You know i was skeptical that our meeting here was a coincidence. I mean, think about it. What are the chances that we meet here, right in this country at that market?"

"I'll tell you everything if we talk." Y/N had no choice but to follow her to see what she has to say. The both of them walked not too far from the hotel as they reached a cafe where there's not many people hanging around.

"Well?" Y/N looked at her as her face then showed an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry for what i did back then." She wasted no time and apologized. Y/N was a bit surprised thinking that she was gonna look for reasons.

"I'm sorry that i left you in high school. But there's a story behind it!" She raised her voice.

"What story? Heejin-ah. I was hurt back then. It was as if missing a part of my-"

"I was hurt too!! Y/N. I..." Her voice started shaking. "I felt terrible after leaving you without saying goodbye. But i had no choice! I was forced to, Y/N. I had to move."

"Forced? By who?"

"By my dad. He said he told me to pack my things up in the middle of the night and then all of a sudden we were at the airport about to leave the country."

"Why the sudden move?"

"I don't know! He never told me about the reason so i had no choice. I suffered so much back then, Y/N. The fact that we couldn't get in touch with each other. I was about to text you, but i'm too scared that you'll hate me for leaving so sudden. I cried every night thinking about you, Y/N. Do you know that?" She said emotionally as a tear is seen dropping down her face. Y/N seeing her like this felt a bit hurt too making him look down and remembered how he was back then when she left.

"....i did too."

"What?"

"I did too. I felt like dying at that moment when i couldn't find you anywhere on that day, Heejin-ah. I was devastated. Mad. I didn't even feel like doing anything for a month."

Heejin fell silent hearing his rant about their past before Y/N started to calm himself down and not let get his emotions get the most of him.

"....but i guess you did too. I'm sorry, Heejin-ah. I shouldn't be thinking only about myself."

"You don't have to apologize Y/N. It was me who's at fault. For leaving you. I know this may sound selfish but...." She stopped as Y/N lifted his head up meeting her eyes.

"Can we get back to how we used to? I never forgot about you since the day we last met even until now. I was wondering if you also thought the same."

There it is again. He thought to himself. He thought that after Chaeryeong's problem with him settled, everything would've been clear. But the one thing he would never thought was Heejin asking him to get back together. Not that they were in the first place.

"I'm sorry, Heejin-ah. I already have someone else." He answered heavily.

"It's that girl, isn't it?" She asked as he gave her a soft nod.

"I see.... hah.... guess i'm too late huh." She threw her head back onto the chair.

"I wish i could've gathered my courage sooner and apologized right before you meet her. But will you forgive me? For the things that happened to you because i left?"

"Well... it's all in the past. So yes. I'll forgive you."

"Thank you, Y/N." She answered with a little smile.

"I'm sorry, Heejin-ah." This time Y/N apologized.

"It's okay, Y/N. You're not at fault. But now that you have rejected me, make sure you keep her with all your heart, alright?!" She challenged him which made him let out a chuckle.

"Of course. I will."

"Good." Heejin let out a deep sigh once again regretting her taking too much time. But now that his heart is already set on someone, she can't do anything about it.

_________

"Thanks for letting me talk to you, Y/N. I didn't manage to get you back like we used to, but at least i can finally start moving on."

"Mm. I should also say thanks because i finally know the reason behind your mysterious disappearance. What could've been, right?"

"Yeah. What could've been..." The two of them fell silent in awkwardness as they kicked the ground not knowing what else to say.

"So, i guess this is goodbye." Y/N said breaking the silence.

"Yeah. Remember what i told you. Keep her with all your heart."

"You don't need to say it twice." He said making her giggle before being back to looking blue.

"Goodbye, Y/N. May we meet again soon." Heejin said as she walked away from him as he watched her back thinking what could've been. Would he be still dating her now? Would he had never dated Chaeryeong? The possibilities are endless.

Sh*t! I never got to ask her on how she found where i was staying at!

He held the top of his head. He glanced at the time showing that it's already late making him panic.

Woah. Gotta go fa-

He turned around noticing a recognizeable red hair from the corner as it quickly went out of his sight.

It can't be.

He jogged and turned seeing Yuri facing him with her hands resting on her hips.

"Yuri-ah. Why are you out here so late?"

"Why are you out here in the middle of the night meeting a girl?" She returned the question to him without giving him an answer.

"Was dealing with some old problem. And i dealt with it."

"I see." She said as she removed her hands from her hips and turned her back to him as she locked her fingers on her back.

"You aren't gonna ask 'really?' or something like that?" Y/N found her usual behavior was quite different.

"I already saw it with my own eyes just now. And by the looks of it, it looks like you really dealt with it. No reason to be insecure."

"My little hamster has grown up hasn't she?" He messed her hair.

"Your?" She asked making him take a step back.

"Oops. Not yet." He said making her chuckle. "So how did you know that i was with her?"

"I have my intels. And that is Irene-unnie peeking out of the window at the right time."

"I see. Your intel has sharp sense."

"I know." She gave him a smile. "I'm really looking forward to tomorrow."

"Me too." Y/N answered as they walked back with him twinkling his hands with hers.