Chapter 45

'I'm here.'

Y/N typed, before sending the message to the person he's supposed to meet, which is Miyeon. Even though this wasn't the first time that he'd meet her, he couldn't shake off the odd feeling of nervousness within him.

'Great! I'll meet you in a second.'

He stood by the front of the building, disguising himself as much as possible in order to avoid drawing any unnecessary attention to himself. It didn't take long for him to wait as Miyeon approached him in a normal manner, making it seem that whatever he was doing was ridiculous.

"Y/N!"

He did not reply, in fear of what happened before would result in him being caught in another scandal. He whispered for her to walk back inside, as she did even though she wasn't sure of what made him do so.

"Well that was dangerous. What would've happened if someone were to recognize you, noona?" He asked.

"Hmm~ what do you think would happen?"

"Well, it's possible that we'd get our pictures taken from afar. There's also a possibility that rumors about you dating someone would spread. And then someone would try and recognize who I actually was, before it got out that it was actually me. And then I'll get into trouble. And you too."

"Well do you hate the thought of being caught in a dating rumor with me?"

"It's not about whether I would be happy or not, noona. I-"

"I just wanted to mess with you for a bit. Sorry for making you all worked up." She smiled cheerfully, hoping that it would be enough to drown the anxiety that was building up.

"I see."

After taking the elevator and walking down the hall, Miyeon eventually opened the door and introduced him to one of the rooms which she uses to practice. She'd use it for preparing for a comeback, perfecting her acting, or even something as simple as hanging out and resting in the midst of her schedules.

"You can sit anywhere. Pick a spot, and I'll come over to you as soon as I get the things I need out." His eyes rolled around, scanning the whole practice room. It didn't seem all that different from the one he's currently using, except for the fact that it's another agency's room.

He sat by the mirror, waiting for Miyeon to show up from behind the drawers. She finally closed the door, as she walked over with what seemed to be a script on one hand.

She sat next to him, not saying a word as she

"So... what am I supposed to do exactly?"

"Just sit there. I want to read the script first before we start."

"Well I can't just sit here idly now, can I? Is there anything I can help with?"

"Relax. You can just take a rest before we start. Or you can train your dance, or even sing if you want. We got the place to ourselves for the day." He nodded, before letting Miyeon read her script in silence. He opened his phone, deciding to waste his time by going through social media to check for the latest news available.

It only took him a few minutes before he got bored, and started to look for a topic to discuss with her.

"By the way. Where're the other members, noona?"

"They're doing their own schedules. Minnie with her photoshoots, Yuqi, Shuhua and Soojin are off to shoot, and Soyeon is currently composing music. As for me, I took the time off today considering that I have to practice for the web drama after all."

He nodded silently to her words, unaware of the gaze she was giving.

"Why? Is there someone you hoped you'd meet? It's Yuqi, isn't it? Or is it Shuhua?" She gradually got closer to him, behaving like how a girl filled with jealousy would. It caught him off guard, as he slid to the side slowly being afraid of what she might do.