Chapter 19

“Zearo!” Squealed someone behind me when I was leaving the club

“Yes, how may I-” my breath hitched and my legs paralysed when I spotted someone who I never thought would meet me after I left Italy.

“It’s been so long,”  she whispered, her eyes misty when her hands roamed around my body, making me feel disgusted. Charles’s voice resounded on my mind, “That whore was not faithful to you.” I took a step backwards when his words hit my nerves hard, giving me an unbelievable agony.

“What are you doing here??” I inquired Samira shortly after composing myself, not interested in any pep talk with her. I looked at her when she tiptoed closer to me, her cologne hitting my nostrils making me uneasy, not the way Liara’s lavender smell eased my nerve. Her green eyes glittering, staring at me hungrily. Her oval face covered with little tendrils of her red hair making it shimmer in the lights matching her blood-red lipstick, her cheeks looked more shaped than it used to. 

Her presence didn’t affect me the way it used to. I took a step back gritting my teeth and clenched my hands into a fist keeping my resentment at bay. “I will ask you this last time. Why are you here?” I hissed and gripped her down when her lips came suddenly in contact with me. 

“Samira!” I heard Julie’s voice exiting the club and rushing straight towards us. She hugged Samira back tightly giggling at her, “I’ve missed you sister!” Sister? I raised my eyebrows in confusion because I never knew she had a sister. 

“Master?” A deep voice from behind, I rolled my eyes at the situation that was getting worse every second. 

“Master! It’s you!” Drake, my associate, came crashing straight to my body and engulfed me to a bone-crushing hug. 

“Get off me already!” I said huffing, almost throwing him off-guard at the sudden pressure. 

“Zearo?” Asked Julie looking at the way we interacted. “Do you know him?” She asked Samira, looking dumbfounded. 

“He is the one I told you about!” Samira said excitedly and stomped her heels my way, snaking her arms around mine. “What the fuck!” Julie looked perplexed and depressed, which made me raise my eyebrows at her. 

“Forget it, I’m inside the club. You guys can join in when you’ve done your chit chat here.” She spoke without looking back and strode inside.

“Oh damn! You’ve gotten into her already?” Asked Samira, sticking her body closer to me. I figured out what she meant when she said that, but I didn’t want to talk about it. 

“Fuck you, Samira! I in no way am answerable to any of you. But you both have to answer me, why are you here!” I declared, grabbing the collar of her turtleneck and shoving her body towards Drake. 

“Master, we came for --“ “For you” Drake began, but he was cut short by Samira’s squeaky voice.

“I warned you guys not to follow me! You dared to defy me!” My voice rose ever so slightly, my veins bursting inside with rage.