Chapter 46

"We need to talk

"We need to talk." He repeated this same sentence again and again, making me more furious. The way he entered my office, I felt something was up.

"And that is?" I inquired, scanning through the pages of the documents I had to go through for the next meeting. I wasn't supposed to be at the office at this moment, but Andersons disrespected my people and I would be damned if I just sat and rested after that. Since then, I have focused on the task at hand and didn't bother thinking about anything or anyone else.

"Look, I know you might be angry and-"

"Cut the chase and just tell me what's wrong." I held the pen tighter as I felt a sudden sting on my abdomen. And him sitting in front of me bothered me more than anything else.

"Why did you buy The Shimmers Night?" He asked. He had an accusing tone. An edge in his voice, as if accusing me of being unfair to someone.

I stopped signing and looked at him confused, "Because I wanted to?" I used the same tone as him. After going through so much pain because of him, he dared to blame me for buying a property?

"But why?" He came a little closer to me, his eyes staring at me for an answer.

"Because it's a property, and the owner wanted to sell," I said as a matter of fact.

"Julie would never!" He slammed the table, making me flinch, which I hated even more. Her name was enough to poke my already frustrated mind.

"Why is she in the conversation? What does she have to do with anything related to this deal?" I asked, frustrated, and I knew getting angry over nothing would trouble me and he would care less.

"She is the actual owner. The Shimmers Night is famous because of her." He deadpanned.

I scoffed at how the infamous mafia was so whipped but decided not to poke him further. "That's not what the papers said. She was a mere caretaker. Logan's father was the owner, and I signed this agreement even before you or your girlfriend came into my life. It's just that because of his death, the ownership transfer took time." I explained as gently as I could. My pen was the only support I had to hide my anger, and he had such a nonchaotic expression that I felt uncomfortable around him.

"Show me the papers." He asked. I raised my eyebrows and slammed my pen on the table.

"I am not obliged to answer you more than I already shared. This is my business, and you have no right to question me." I said every word as slowly as I could so that he would remember the clauses of our agreement.

"I know, but I promised her I will get her club back. Tell me the price. I'm ready to buy it." Look at his audacity.

"You may leave," I said and clicked on the intercom to resume the meeting, but his hand held my hand midway, giving me a push.

"What do you think you are doing?" I asked through gritted teeth. The pain in my abdomen increases every second.

"I'm still talking." He said, gripping my hand tighter.