Chapter 83

"Charles, any updates about today's event?" I whispered on the phone as I stared at Lilly's sleepy figure

"Charles, any updates about today's event?" I whispered on the phone as I stared at Lilly's sleepy figure. Well, I wanted to stay with Liara because after what we did, I just couldn't hold myself back and that worried me. That's the reason I chose not to bother Liara anymore and rushed into this little girl's room.

"Master, it's chaos out here. Did Ms. D'waner not say anything about it?" He asked, and I shook my head, but then realized he couldn't see me and answered him instead.

"Shimmers is closed for the time being and Chief said he will not help them this time, so they left her to fend for herself." He said, and I cursed him.

"I know, but he thinks his position is in danger if he gets involved with her. So he let me handle it instead. He said to close the case as soon as possible."

"That's the only help that old man is capable of?" I asked, and scoffed.

"Perhaps yes. And by the look of it, I'm pretty certain this news has had her other companies in chaos. The stock market is in an uproar." He continued, and I just listened to him silently.

"The other companies that she acquired have called an urgent meeting to demote her as CEO. And not only that, but the SAMS is also in danger as the investors are slowly withdrawing their funds." He said, and I fisted my hand.

"How come she mentioned nothing to me?" I asked, to which he remained silent. I knew why she did that because she still couldn't trust me enough to share her problems.

"How's she dealing with the stuff? I have seen no official statement released from her side yet." I asked.

"I don't think she would." He said, and he sounded certain.

"Why? And how are you so certain about it?" I asked as I looked out the window.

"You should know it better than anyone else after how she's been with you." He laughed. I grew frustrated by how carefree he was.

"You better spit it out," I warned him and he fell silent for a while.

"I've seen her dealing with such situations and it's a given that she'd not show up to the media or anyone who wants to trample her image, that's for sure. That's the reason most people still do not know how she looks in real life. They have some random clicks of her in one or two award shows and that's it." He said, and it made little sense. Why did she choose to hide?

"Maybe because she hates the limelight. Well, her bodyguard always protected her image and they have an excellent PR team." He answered.

"And how does that help this situation?"

"From what I know, her PR team will come up with an explanation and I guess that's also not confirmed yet because we have seen no kind of move from them yet." He said.

"What is she up to?" I asked myself.

"The club staff were really helpful and answered everything we asked. So we found nothing that could link her up to human trafficking. It delighted them that she was the owner now as they got so much help from the new higher-ups." He explained.