Chapter 36

KISS! KISS! KISS! KISS!

I wanted to shut my ears to block the word from reaching my brain. So much to just act as husband and wife. Do I have to kiss him? Who knows, the next thing they'd ask me to have a baby with him. Ew!

I glanced at the crowd with the fakest smile I could muster. But deep down I knew my heart was ready to erupt. I didn't want to kiss him as I didn't appreciate how my body reacted to his touch. I don't remember kissing him that day, but I didn't crave to relive that either.

I looked at my family smiling and cheering at the top of their lungs. As I turned my head towards him, our eyes met. He was smirking at me. The nerves!

He shrugged at me and I took it as he wanted me to decide whether I'm playing it. I noticed Dima's furrowed eyebrows and Keryl wouldn't even stop shouting on the mike.

He looked at me, searching for an answer, and I nodded at him. The next second, I closed my eyes, and chewed my lips as I always do when I'm nervous. And tonight I was not only nervous but frightened to the point where I could have a heart attack any minute.

I didn't feel his presence, so I opened my left eye and found him grinning at me. He came closer, placing his palms on my waist, and whispered near my ears, his breath fanning my neck giving me goosebumps, "Breath, angry bird." Another nickname. Damn him!. I pinched him hard on his hand that held my waist and he chuckled, closing the distance even further.

"Just breathe. I will keep it short." He said. His husky voice and his face this close brew something in my mind that I never thought I'd do in this lifetime. My hands clutched his tux, and he closed the gap. His hands pushed me towards him and I gasped when I felt something hard below my stomach.

I stared at him wide-eyed and he put his lips on mine in a nanosecond. At that moment, I realized I didn't even know how to kiss. Of course, I have kissed men before. Well, if you'd count when I kissed Michel, my classmate, back when I was fifteen. I cringed internally as I puked after the kiss. I had saliva all around my lips thanks to that guy.

Embarrassed if I'm doing it wrong, I closed my eyes and he bit my lips, shocking me. I gasped as the pain electrocuted my veins and he pried further into my mouth.

The intensity of the kiss slowly made my legs weak. It felt nothing like the kiss with Michel. Unknowingly, my lips moved in the sink with his. My desire pooling in which I loathed and the next second, I pushed him away a little, unlocking our lips.

He was breathless, so was I. There was silence around us. I touched my lips and saw him doing the same. Surprised, we both looked at the people and they just stared at us, dumbstruck.

I curiously looked at them and wondered, isn't this common at weddings? Don't couples kiss each other the way we did? But God knows how Zearo answered my unasked question. "I guess they are shocked because they never saw this side of yours."