Chapter 67

"Damn man, what made her so angry at you? I've never seen a couple behaving so distant from any relationship so far!

"Damn man, what made her so angry at you? I've never seen a couple behaving so distant from any relationship so far!." the guy behind Vikrant said when he opened the door.

"You are?" I asked as I've never seen him around here.

"Brian." He said plainly looking at new up and down. I was assuming if he was here, then he must have known about me.

"Don't bother, you know why they are together," Vikrant said to him pointing at me with a dejected look and let me towards the lobby and gave me a drink.

"Nevertheless, you've what now? Spent eight months with her already and didn't fall for her?" Brian asked, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"How long are you both with her?" I asked curiously, and they said in unison, "it's been eight years."

"Have you ever thought of her romantically?" Even though this question made me wonder if I was asking this about my wife to other men, I was curious.

"Of course, yes!" They looked at each other and then at me and then again at each other. There was an awkward silence between us and we couldn't look into each other's eyes considering the topic of discussion was my wife, fake or not.

After a while as I was looking at the balcony door, contemplating what to do next, I heard someone clear their throat.

"Look, the way she handles things and how confident her walk is, man, I could die for her," Brian said and Vikrant hummed, acknowledging the same.

"Huh, I bet Anthony also has that kind of feeling for her," I said, lying on the sofa, getting a headache.

"She is a masterpiece. But I know Anthony, even if he had such feelings, he wouldn't show it or confess to her." Vikrant said, and I chuckled

"No, I'm serious. He is different. I don't know why but that guy will die for Liara but never confess to her even if he had feelings for her," Vikrant said and I shook my head.

"So, you tell me, have you never, not even for a minute, wanted Liara romantically?" Brian asked.

"I wouldn't deny it," I said indirectly, answering his question.

"I've seen ladies in my life. Uncountable, to be exact, but she has a different spark, irritating to the extent that I cannot control my urge sometimes." I chuckled, as if it was true.

"So why are you hurting her every time?" Vikrant asked, and I was silent. Taking a deep breath, I watched the sun slowly going down.

"I've never seen her going to this extent to help someone when she loses her shares in a company. She loves power, but for you, she did something I couldn't imagine she would," Brian said in a mere whisper, but I heard it. I saw Vikrant punching him, but I already heard it.

"What did she do?" I asked, but he just walked away from me and gulped down a glass of water.

"Something that you would have never done for her." He said with a faint smile on his face.