Chapter 59

"She thinks she could tackle the world all by herself," I huffed, drowning another shot of the mix Marco made for me

"She thinks she could tackle the world all by herself," I huffed, drowning another shot of the mix Marco made for me. As I exited The SAMS searching for Julie, I got a call from Marco that they needed my help.

Ignoring Julie when she needed me the most was unfair, but hiding Logan Johns from the eagle-eyed Luchellies was a must for me. Considering how everything turned out, that bastard was deeper into the black market than I thought. Letting him off the hook was completely not possible.

Marco tried every way to go to the place I sent him the address of, but the Luchellies had their men stationed on every single route, making it hard for us to take Logan overseas. Leaving us with the only option of hiding him inside the warehouse.

"She isn't the best CEO for nothing." The twins said in unison and I glared at them. "I adopted you, not her," I replied, pointing at me.

Adrick and Aiden helped me take the tracker out of that bastard Logan and so we found out that Luchellies were yet to track him, giving us a sigh of relief.

"Nevermind, how long are we keeping him in the basement? His wounds are still fresh." Aiden said, looking at the stairs that reached the basement. The door was an automatic bookshelf that we forgot to close.

"Just close the door before anyone finds it out." I shut him off and Marco closed the door.

"Do you think Luchellies are still in search of him? How important is he to them?" Marco asked, confused as our men informed us about the Luchellies closing off to us.

"We don't have anywhere else to go," I said. New York may be pretty big, but hiding someone injured and that too from Luchellies was impossible. This countryside warehouse was hard to trace, being an old building, and no one particularly existed in the neighborhood.

"You don't have classes today?" I asked the twins after a pause. They meddled in my business, making me skeptical about their safety. But because of the enemies covering the checkpoints, my men couldn't get past New York boundaries.

"It's almost evening. What do you expect us to do? Stay on the campus forever?" Adrick barked at me like a crazy dog. I still couldn't figure out why that young lad hated me so much.

"Why do I bother asking you anything, anyway? Just change his dressing and feed him something." I said, waving them off as arguing with them wouldn't lead me anywhere.

As they turned away from me, I suddenly stood and said in a hurry, "Don't untie him, no matter what." I had this weird feeling that Logan would go to every extent to save himself. He wouldn't have had only one chip attached to his body. There must be a loose end we couldn't catch up with and I wanted to talk to him but wasn't in the mood for today, especially.

"Okay," Aiden said and walked away from us towards the secret basement that was used as a storage channel in the olden days to hide extra materials to let the employees not throw more waste. It also surprised me when I found out about it and it felt as if we went back to the olden days of cave jails.