Chapter 12

I walked towards the balcony wishing that person is just my imagination and I will not deal with them today

I walked towards the balcony wishing that person is just my imagination and I will not deal with them today. But alas! When do you think God has favoured me? 'NEVER' screamed my inner voice.

"Ma'am, your breakfast." I shrieked when I heard Aria's voice behind me.

"You scared me!" I announced breathlessly, resting one hand on my hips and the other on my frantically beating heart.

"I just brought you your breakfast. Scrambled egg, some toasts with peanut butter and a glass of orange juice." She said amused, enjoying my reaction.

"Okay, okay, just put it on the table. I will be back in a minute, "I said and marched towards the washroom yet again as I felt uneasy when the smell of the food hit my nostrils.

***

I collapsed against the hard floor of the washroom after throwing away every drop of whatever existed inside my upset belly.

"Ma'am, you have a visitor, " I heard Aria's squeaky voice behind the closed doors.

"Coming in a minute!"

I splashed cold water again, not bothering to look at my appearance, and headed back to my office.

"Who is it?" I asked, praying internally that they shouldn't be the person I think they are.

"First breakfast, then work" I heard a bold familiar manly voice behind Aria. I instantly felt a surge of energy busting inside my body when I recognized the owner of the voice. I stood abruptly, hitting the files lying on the table.

"Anthony, you came back!" I whispered, the happiness clear in my voice. I missed him, but will never let him know that. He is my bodyguard, that's true, but he is my friend. We used to play in SAMS when both our parents got busy. His father was my grandma's PA back then, and now his son is my bodyguard not because of his qualification but he chose this post, I seriously don't know why.

He took a tentative step forward, towards my direction and chuckled, seeing my excitement.

"Reporting on duty, Maam," He said bowing a little. I just let my bossiness at the corner and rushed towards him and wrapped my arms around his torso, squeezing him to death. "God, I missed this guy." I thought.

"Woah, easy there! Liara, are you alright? You look awful," he said, breath fanning my forehead.

"I'm good," assuring him, I took a step back.

"Good, the task is completed. Sorry that it took me some time,"

"No problem, it's alright!" I said beaming with joy finally having someone who I can trust with everything I have.

"Ahem, Ma'am, someone is waiting outside to meet you," Aria's voice brought me back to reality.

"Aria, give her a minute. You can finish other works if you have any. I will bring the visitor inside after she completes the food." Anthony advised Aria, and I rolled my eyes at their overly caring nature, completely forgetting about the bomb waiting outside.