Chapter 14

“Doctor, when will she wake up? It’s already been a whole freaking day!” I imagined a hazy voice of someone

Doctor, when will she wake up? It’s already been a whole freaking day!” I imagined a hazy voice of someone. It seemed as if my soul had been attached elsewhere. Powerless to change positions, I attempted to unfold my visions, but the veins in my entire body felt lifeless.

“Is her situation critical? For god’s sake, doctor! I asked you to fetch all the specialists of your damn hospital and wake her up!” I picked up another desperate voice, a narrow cord in my imagination that I’m too vulnerable to catch. I believe I’m near that individual, too close, but incapable to soothe them.

“We’ve tried our best. It’s precisely that her mind is in panic disorder and isn’t back to normal. She will be awake in no time. Let her rest. Only one of you can stay inside this room. Others will have to wait outside, please.” A considerably gentler voice, which I reckon the doctor spoke.

“Wait, what! I’m in the hospital?” my fussy brain instantly sent pictures of what exactly transpired.

“Johnson! I smacked him on his head. Then a shockingly familiar hazel eye met mine, and I fell back into nothingness.” That’s it? Ugh, I don’t remember what happened after that! I freaked out, my mind in a frenzied mess. 

I felt a gentle tug near what I assume, my hands. A warm, delicate touch agitating my body with unknown sparks. I concentrated on what that person was speaking, which was all gibberish at that moment. “Princess, please wake up.” I could only hear a portion and immediately knew that the voice belonged to Dima.

My body felt like it has been floating in the air in one second, and then an intense pain as the weight of the entire world was thrown at me. I winced when my eyes shot open and discovered silver light piercing through my iris. Sudden nausea hit my senses, and I wheezed, grabbing my already throbbing brain. 

“Liara? Princess?” I heard Dima’s trembling cry from a corner. 

I opened my eyes again, shielding it from the harsh lights, and then saw a blurry image of Dima hovering over me. I smiled slightly, even if my body was screaming in agony. 

“My princess, you scared me!” She squeezed the life out of me. I yelped in discomfort when the pressure was too much for me. 

“Dima, she is in pain!” I picked up Emma’s squeaky voice from somewhere, tugging Dima’s body away from me. I thanked her when her profile popped up beside Dima. 

“Old bones are powerful, huh?” I asked almost quietly, my throat groggy because of lack of moisture. 

Dima momentarily scowled at me, and Emma snickered beside her. I heard heavy footsteps entering the room, a middle-aged man covered with a white apron and stethoscope around his neck, a few grey hairs peeking from black ones, wrinkles like chicken feet in the corner of his eyes. 

He beamed with joy when his eyes landed on my limp figure. “Hello Miss Liara, how are you feeling?” He asked, keeping the stethoscope near my chest. Taking a deep breath, I nodded at him, powerless to gather energy to talk. I gulped down the entire glass of water that Emma offered me, noticing my uneasiness.