Chapter 50

"Stop hiding like a kid afraid of darkness and accept who you are," I said

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Stop hiding like a kid afraid of darkness and accept who you are," I said. I heard him talking to Samira on the phone and it sounded bad. If she went against him, then his entire business and the reason he was here would come out, eventually.

"I'm not afraid of darkness." Him and his manly ego. I shook my head and waved my hand, dismissing his statement.

"Your manly ego just got hurt because I called you, kid?" I chuckled and pointed at him. "Where was this ego when people keep plotting and hurting you behind your back?" I asked, and he turned his head away from me. I knew he had no answer for this.

"Look, I don't know what's between you and that Samira. What is your relationship with other girls? I don't care. Don't fight the real you, that's what I want to say." I said as gently as I could, to make him understand what he was doing.

"You do not know about my life." He said the same thing as a tape recorder.

"Oh, I know you well to see that Samira has all the keys for your secrets and if that's out, then you wouldn't even have a face to show that to your mother," I said.

"I've got a clue and I am going to find her." He said. His face had a shadow in the moonlit night, but I could recognize chiseled cheekbones that were so stiff as if he was grinding something.

"What? Chicago?" I chuckled.

"How do you.?" He started, but I raised my hand, stopping him from speaking.

"You just have to know that she isn't there anymore," I announced. He looked shocked and he must be too. The news was too big to digest for him.

"What do you mean?" He asked, taking a step towards me. I looked him in the eye and said, "She keeps changing her whereabouts every three months, along with a new identity."

"But, why?!" He asked no one in particular and ran his fingers through his hair, frustrated.

"If her son doesn't know the reason, then it must be something huge.'' I thought to myself loudly and heard him grunting in the corner.

"We tried tracking her, but for the time being, she will stay hidden so we can do nothing," I said, shrugging my shoulders nonchaotically at him.

"If it's taking me so long to find your mother, then you should be less worried, as no one could ever find anything," I said as a matter of fact.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" He asked accusingly.

"Ah ah ah! I responded, shaking my head at him.

"You shouldn't have misjudged me before and for your kind information I was recouping from getting stabbed by the culprits who would stay with me," I said through gritted teeth letting him know I went through so much because of him and he had the guts to accuse me.

He sighed and threw his hands in the air, frustrated, and drew fingers through his hair. I contemplated how to deal with him and spoke, "Stop getting blackmailed by some lowly and finish these matters before meeting your mom." I said, clicking my tongue as he stood, flabbergasted.